Proposal

Ivan

I walked to the elevator and pressed the buttons waiting to get on the fifth floor.

While standing in the elevator I started checking my notifications. When I noticed a notification that reminded me that I was supposed to go on a date with Camilla.But of course that wasn't gonna happen. A painful smile occupied my lips.

Two days ago Camilla asked me for divorce. I was so stunned that I spent the whole night on the dining table thinking about what went wrong.

But after the night of thoughts I was ready to compile to her requests. Emotions are those turmoil of heart that can never be controlled. I understand, I completely understand her emotions.

Even after those seven years of hate which was on the surface of my heart for Camilla, my inner turmoil of emotions still held love for her.

Of course I had too much hope for us while living together. Of our story being happily ever after, but no matter how much we try, not every story has a happy ending.

So yes, I am happy, happy for her.

The elevator door opened and I walked through a completely quiet coridor. My eyebrows furrowed, I checked the time, it was ten o'clock and not a single soul here. Is it a holiday or something? Am I missing something. 

Walking through the coridor I glanced here and there for anyone to be seen. They must be in the meeting room, I thought and was headed towards the room.

As I entered it was quite and dark in there.  Thinking that no one was there  I turned around to leave. That's when I heard sound of someone whispering.

I looked around glancing here and there

"What's going on?"

I shouted. The whispers came again and I walked towards the place from where It seemed to be coming. And all of the sudden,I heard a balloon burst and something fell on me, my eyes were closed and I could hear people clapping

When I opened my eyes, I instantly noticed that my whole body was covered with glitter. But what didn't notice was someone kneeling in front of me.

Brushing the glitter from my eye lashes I found that 'someone' was Camilla. My eyes grew wide as I found her smiling with a cheeky grin.

My eyes followed the movement of her hands, when she pulled out a box from her pocket. She opened the box and I noticed there was a ring inside it. 

She took a deep breath and asked.

"Will you marry me, Mr. Lockwood?"

"No."

Everyone's eyes grew wide and Camilla looked at me with a shocked face.

"No, it can't be. It's a hallucination."

"It's not babe. Just say yes already"

"Did you just call me babe"

"That's not important right now"

"Oh!will you two stop arguing"

I heard Jason say.

My eyes again drifted to Camilla.

"So, yes or no"

She bit her lip. I was stunned.

"You asked me..

I couldn't speak further. This was too overwhelming.What was going on?

Noticing my expressions,Camilla stood up engulfing my body in her embrace and I felt calm.

" But we are already married "

She pulled away from the hug and chuckled

"Not like that, It was just a contract. It was not a celebration, I still want you to sign the divorce papers and mary again. We will prepare for it, just like we talked about it in high school."

"You two talked marriage in high school. Gosh,so cringe."

Jason cringed.

"That's cute"

Erika argued.

"Cringe"

"Cute"

"Cringe"

"Cute"

"Fucking disgusting"

Lily interjected

I smiled as they kept arguing. And then I noticed Camilla secretly sliding ring in my finger. She was doing it so slowly that couldn't help but smile.

"So, cute"

I thought.

"So, cringe"

I heard Jason say. Gosh, will this stop.

As Camilla slid the ring at the end of my finger, she clapped grabbing everyone's attention.

"Ok, he said yes. So let's get to work"

She rushed out of the room. I chuckled, not one day without doing work.

"Let's get to work guys"

I said also walking out of the room with a wide smile plastered on my face.
..............

Six months later.

I was sitting on the sofa waiting for Camilla to come out of the dressing room.

We were here for almost 2 hours and none of the dresses suited Ash's preference. Yes, Ash's preference.

Camilla wanted Ash to choose her wedding dress and here we are waiting for his approval. This seems absurd he had no preference for dresses but still bosses around.Perks of being the only child of billionaires.

"Wow"

I heard Ash exclaim, I turned my attention to Camilla who looked at us. It was a ball gown wedding dress with  pearls hanging  from the neckline, the skirt had silver coloured embroidery, she looked like moon princess.

"Woah"

It escaped from my mouth without me noticing. Camilla's face turned into a frown

"Are you making fun of me?"

"No, of course not"

"I won't believe you. There is no way I am looking that good."

"Well, that 'woah' was for the dress,not for you. So, don't worry."

Camilla's face expression  turned into an angry one, she tried to come towards me but her feet got entangled in the dress and she tripped.

I immediately came forward to save her but tripped along with her and we both fell.

"What are you two? Six?"

I heard Ash say.

"What are you, twenty?"

Camila threw back.

"Well, I surely am not. But you definitely behave like six."

"You.."

"Shut up"

I yelled.

"You shut up."

Camilla yelled back.

"How dare you tell my mom to shut up, you shut up."

Ash said.

I looked at them stunned and started laughing.

Gosh this is crazy and I can't believe that I am going to live with this craziness forever.