Change

I squealed when Jason turned me around aggressively as his lips engulfed my lips,  in a passionate, aggressive kiss.

My eyes widened as I could hear people murmuring and a loud cough. I tried to push him off and he pulled away, looking at my flushed face.

I was so shocked that I was startled when someone tapped my shoulder. I abruptly turned around to find mom standing in front of us.

Jason took a step forward to come beside me and hug mom.

"Pleased to meet you mom."

"I see you are so pleased that you can't control your overwhelming emotions."

And after listening to her words I flushed red and hit Jason's arm. He just rubbed his neck in pretending embarrassment.

"Let's start the party if the lover's romantic ceremony has ended."

I saw Ivan coming towards us with a mischevious grin.

"Yeah, let's go , you hungry mf."

The walk of embarrassment to the table where the cake was kept was so long that I could literally hear people talking about me in slow motion.

"Is the cake chocolate cake?"

I turned around to find Camilla looking curiously at the cake.

"Well,no chocolate doesn't go well with me."

Jason replied.

"Yes, it is"

I heard Ivan saying.

"What??? I gave the order of a vanilla cake."

"Well, I changed it with a chocolate. so, settle with it."

"You piece of shit"

"Name-calling"

Ash pointed at Jason and I bit my lip. I almost forgot that he was also here.

"Well, let's start the ceremony, shall we?"

I heard Camilla grit her teeth. Oops

Jason turned towards the cake and cut it begrudgingly.
................

I was sitting on the bench in the garden looking at the moon, and touched my lips thinking about the earlier incident.

I heard footsteps behind me and turned around to find Jason approaching me along with the birthday card, I gave him as a gift.

He sat beside me and smiled.

"I am sorry for the kiss"

"Well, you probably did it to save me from an explanation I had to give to mom today. So, I will accept the apology. "

We sat in the silence when I heard a scraping sound.

I turned around to find Jason scratching the birthday card. I looked at him shocked, but then I noticed, he peeled a small part of paper from the birthday card.

He showed me the part of paper which had Jason written on it. My eyes immediately drifted to the part he peeled on the card and

'My love' were the words written on it.

"I just noticed it."

I averted my eyes to the flowers in the garden and somehow managed to say.

"Well,I started preparing it months ago. So..."

Jason kneeled in front of me

"So, you won't call me your love now?

" Why would I ?"

He smiled taking out a chain from.his pocket, I noticed the chain had my engagement ring in it.

"I am sorry, love. Please understand. You know it, I never meant it, it was all in a furry. I promise I will make it the same as it was."

"How will you? Will you return me the nights I cried on my pillow back?
Will you return my dried tears? Our relation that you risked in our furry. You won't be able to return it back."

"I will make you smile every night to compensate you crying. I will never let your tears fall from your eyes. I will risk all my emotions for our relationship.  I will try my best to make it as the same as it was."

I turned my head away from his face.

"Although no excuse can justify my  ways but please try to remember that those cracks in our relationship are filled with the sense of support my best friend felt and the sense of duty you felt."

He held my face and turned it towards him his eyes contained visible tears and invisible love.

"Should we start over, making a new one without cracks."

He held my hand in his one hand and the ring in the other hand.

"May I?"

I looked at him for a moment and then nodded. Cause I was ready to make a new one.

He slid the ring in my finger and we both smiled
..........

Ivan

I and Ash sat looking at Camilla who was eating cake for last ten minutes.

"Stop it Camilla, how much will you eat."

"Stop it mom,you will get cavities."

Camilla glared at both of us and continued her pigging.

We both sighed.

"Ooh, granny."

Ash said before running towards Camilla's mom. And then I was alone looking at Camilla. When I noticed Jason and Erika approaching us.

"Bro, you got a vanilla one."

"No, I got  chocolate and strawberry one.  But Camilla usually prefers chocolate one."

"She must prefer chocolate in all aspects."

"Yeah, so you want one?"

"No, me and Erika both prefer vanilla."

"What are you two talking about???"

Camilla said horrified.

"Cake, we are talking about cake."

I winked at Jason.
............

Six days later..

I was sitting at the dining table waiting for Camilla. These days everything has been so happy for me. The life I wished for, now I had It.

Although Ash was not included in that dream package.  He came as a bonus and I love him, that little satan and his mother,both are bossy and yeah I  obey  them, nice life of course.

Camilla came with a gloomy face and I frowned. I don't know why but Camilla has been reacting so distant to me today. She is in a bad mood from the morning. Like something is bothering her but she won't share it to me.

Ash wasn't here so,she just made two plates for us. I felt guilty for her being this way. I wanted to talk to her but she declared that she wasn't in the mood.

We ate our dinner quietly. Just when we finished our dinner Camilla sighed softly.

"Ivan"

"Hmm"

I said turning all my attention to her.
Her lips wobbled and I became worried.

"I tried Ivan, I tried but..it's not working. I feel selfish for enjoying my life. I don't know why I keep feeling this. I feel like it is not working. We are not working."

"Camilla we will try...."

"No, Ivan. I have tried enough.Please sign this"

She said putting a divorce paper in front of me.

"Camilla.."

She stood up turned around and left.

A teardrop fell.