Found

As the words left his mouth a sudden sound of breaking something startled me.

The sound came from the adjacent room in which Ash was kept. I tried to pull myself from the chair, when I saw Camilla at the verge of tears crying for Ash.

"Go, check what is happening?"

He said gesturing to one of his guards.

I looked at the guard with wide eyes as he re-entered after checking the room.

"The kid just kicked the box, that's it"

"Oh, he got temper just like his mom."

"Let him go."

Camilla yelled, her voice cracking, tears all over her face.

"He is just a kid, let him go."

She pleaded.

And I swear even the coldest of hearts will melt at this state of her's.

Tears slid on my cheeks, guilt filled in my mind. I didn't fulfill Ashton's expectations. I couldn't fulfill the responsibilities of being Ash's father.

"I will. Dear, once I get my work done. So let's start recording your voice first. Hmmm?"

He held out his phone turning the voice recorder on and kept it on a table infront of Camilla.

"So, here is what you have to record

" I am literally fed up of having a child all my spare time gets used because of him.

Ugh,it's all because of Ashton, that bastard, he died and left me dealing with the child. No matter how much I tried to deny he forced me to have a child, and now I am stuck."

Camilla eyes showed helplessness at it's peak. More tears seeped from her eyes at the thought of saying something like this about her child.

She hiccuped nodding her head in agreement. And I noticed him smirk.

I clenched my jaw. My blood started boiling again as I tried hard to untie the ropes on my hands. I was almost halfway there and I now have to do it faster.

He also picked up a document from his briefcase, probably the property papers, keeping it in front of Camilla.

She glanced at it and sighed, determined to do it to save her child.

He switched on the recording as he gestured her to speak. No!, I couldn't let this happen.

"What are you a coward who doesn't know how to win the case, that you are using such cheap tricks"

I glared at him. And he glared back clenching his jaw angry that his work got interrupted.

He pick up the phone from the table and switched off the recording.

"You better not make me put a tape on your mouth, Mr Ivan"

He glared.He switched on the recording again,gesturing Camilla to start over once again

"I am literally fed...

Camilla started recording but I didn't interfere because I was almost free of the ropes.

As Camilla ended the recording I was free of the ropes and stood up fastly holding his phone.

Mr Calloway looked startled on my this move and stared at me for a moment before regaining his composure.

" I want you to know very well that this will never work Ivan,you will never go out of this building without my permission"

"I know very well that is why, I will make a deal before I give you this voice recording make Ash come here and let me see him that if he is okay or not. That's not a problem I suppose"

He chuckled.

"Of course not, take that kid out"

He gestured to one of his guards.

After a minute the guard left the room in a panicked state

"Boss the child is not there"

"What??"

Everyone turned panicked and I looked at him with wide eyes, my eyes blinked multiple times when I watched him opening the door of that room entering and coming out with a frustrated expression on his face.

All guards started to gather here and there in a rush to find Ash and I put the phone on the chair and started to untie Camilla.

As Camilla was free we also started to search, when the sound of police siren was heard and everyone stopped.

There was police at the front door of this garage. Mr. Calloway looked at me and gathered his and I noticed he has swiftly slipped the phone in his pocket.

"I will see you Ivan."

He said heading for the backdoor. As he opened the door police entered through making him step back. And the police entered from the front door as well, surrounding us from both exits.

In the group of unfamiliar police officers, I noticed a familiar face, Chris.

"I heard you wanted to hear police siren from a long time, Mr. Calloway."

The police officer came closer to Mr. Calloway putting handcuffs around his wrists.

"Mr. Calloway you are under arrest for kidnapping. You have right to stay silent and you have right to consult an attorney. "

"No way, the child is not even here"

He protested.

"You mean him."

We all turned around to find Ash standing with Lily.

I noticed Mr Calloway visible gulping.
He knew this excuse won't work.

"It was his mother who kidnapped my grandchild and I have proof also."

And with that he started to take out his cellphone and I tensed. The recording would easily proof that it was Camilla who did all this. But he started getting frustrated when he couldn't open the phone. He kept dialling and dialling until

"That is my phone Mr. Calloway, yours is right here. May I know what are you doing with my phone?"

Lily said holding a phone, exactly same as the phone Mr. Calloway was holding.

"Officer, he is just wasting your time, please yake him away."

Chris said smirking.

"But you have no proof that I kidnapped him"

"Or we have"

Lily said. As I saw one of the guards giving a memory chip to the officer.

"This is the recording of that camera of the garage"

He said pointing to a well hidden camera which I just noticed. The officer took it and started dragging Mr Calloway as he kept protesting.

As they left Camilla ran towards Ash, hugging him tightly.

"You are ok, right?"

She asked looking at him.

"Yes mom, I enjoyed acting on the show."

".......on the show?"

We both looked at him confused.

"Well...."

Lily and Chris said in unison.