A new start.

Camilla.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I had applied makeup after so long and I don't know what emotions I am feeling right now.

This is something that I have never even thought of. Meeting Ivan, Ivan meeting Ash,getting rid of the case so easily. This is something I never thought of, this is a risk I never dreamt of.

I don't know why I agreed for this date. My feeling are a huge mess and I can't resolve them so easily. All those seven years, I spent indulged in responsibilities, only my pillows reminded me of Ivan. Those minutes, hours before I used to fall into sleep were dedicated to Ivan.

The necklace that I wore everyday reminded me of those library dates.
I don't know how I used to wait for him, how he used to surprise me. All those years I always convinced this heart that I have completely forgotten him, forgotten his love, his care for me.

But on the wedding day when I saw him on the same setup, I imagined him to be my husband, those feelings surfaced again and I realised that I have always wanted this to be true, for him and me to be us.

Grabbing my purse I walked out, to notice Ivan standing in black pants and white shirt, his sleeves folded, his eyes glanced at me and he smiled.

Approaching to me he released a big sigh

"So, a new start from today. A second chance."

He offered his hand and I smiled shaking it. 

A New Start

....

Sitting in the restaurant, I couldn't help but feel an awkwardness in the air. We both didn't knew what to talk about.

"So, how is your business going?"

Ivan asked.

And I smiled at him, I almost felt sorry for him.

"Good, how about you?"

"If you don't want to, let's not consider this a second chance but only a normal lunch together. I feel like you don't want me here with you."

Ivan said, his words entangled with pain and I looked up at him. His eyes held a bit of moisture as he looked down.

A harsh pain erupted in my chest, tears at the brim of my eyes as I kept looking at him. Did I made him feel like that? Did I made him feel unwanted? To the first person that made me wanted. My hands involuntarily lifted up to squeeze his.

"Camilla, don't pretend. I don't know why I still held hope but I guess seven years can change people and their feeling. So, let's stop now, 'cause its hurting me. Cau.......cause it hurts."

"Ivan, let's not stop. Let's do it, because even those seven years were not enough to change me and my feelings for you. Let's not pretend that we don't love each-other. Let's not pretend that we don't have hope to be in each other arms once again, 'cause pretending is hurting me. Because it hurts."

His teary  eyes looked at me, he suddenly stood up taking steps towards me and then suddenly his lips crashed into mine. His arms holding my waist tighter as I responded to the kiss. My hands holding the hem of his shirt tightly.

We sucked on each other's lips as his hands roamed around my body. Then all of a sudden he pulled away, my widened eyes looking upto his as he quickly held my hand walking us to the parking. I followed quietly.

Reaching the parking, he shoved me into a wall his lips latching onto mine again. We kissed like our life depended on it. Wrapping his arms around my thighs, he lifted me up as I held his shoulder.

His thrusted his tongue into my mouth as a moan slipped of it. We were interrupted by his phone ringing. As he left me slowly to reach up to his phone my breathing heavy as I touched my heated cheeks. Okay, this is not what I was expecting, at least. Wasn't this supposed to be sad or dramatic or something else but definitely not sexy.

I looked at him with hopeful eyes as he finished his talk. What will come next?

"I'll have to leave. It's important"

He informed with a smile noticing my sulky face.

"Is it that important"

My voice was a whisper.

"We'll get back to what we were doing. I promise."

He kissed my forehead and left.

Watching his retreating face, I sighed, A sigh of relief. I was relieved.

It felt good. It was like a burden was lifted.

A New Start.

I reminded myself.

...........

The kid stood in the field looking at his friends pointing to their parents. They were cheering for their kids and he felt jealous. His mom would accompany him, sometimes. But those days when she was busy or she would forget. He wished for a dad who would remember, he wanted none other than his own parents to come, like his friends'.

He broke out of his trance by his best friend showing him his father in the crowd. He started finding his best friends father in the crowd but something else caught his attention, a board.

"Go, bro. Your buddy is with you."

As he recognised the man holding the board, his father. The race started.

His eyes twinkled as he started the race, determined to win, because there was someone cheering for him, waiting for him to win.

The race ended with his win and Ash ran towards his dad who was crouching down holding his arms open.

Hugging him he grinned wide. His eyes shining.

"Good work kiddo"

Ivan gave him a fist bump to him, happy on his victory.

"Who is he"

Ash's best friend asked.

"My dad"

Ash replied taking Ivan by surprise who just smiled at the other kid.

Ash turned to Ivan making him stand up and walk with him. Both of them walked to a lady who smiled looking at Ash.

"Miss, my dad came."

He told her almost bragging as the female smiled looking at Ivan.

"Glad that you came. Today he is not alone with his prizes."

Ivan only smiled in response.

That day the whole school knew that Ash's dad came.