CHAPTER 61 - SHE'S GONE

HER

My heart pounded in my chest as if it would break free of the constraints of my ribs anytime now

My heart pounded in my chest as if it would break free of the constraints of my ribs anytime now. A thousand and one thoughts brimming my head, which one should I cater to first? My mind kept wrangling with my heart, I had a baby to protect and a husband to set free, whom should I tend to first?

"I need to use the bathroom," I mumbled out gibberish, although it was not my intention.

"What?" His voice boomed across the dark hallway, making me shudder.

"I said I need to use the bathroom!" "You can use it all that you want once I drop you off at your father's-"

"Listen. I am bleeding thick streams of blood from down there, what do you think my father will do to you if he learned that you didn't let his daughter put on a pad when she was menstruating?" This time my words did not fail me, and neither did my tone.

This six feet two inches tall man did not appear preeminently sharp to me. He paused dead in his tracks before turning around to face me, his dead eyes meeting mine. I gulped down my parched throat inaudibly because no matter how I perceived him to be, the steely look on his face caused a chill to run down my spine.

He could crush my head with his bare hands

And with a curt nod, he swirled around with my wrist still in the grip of his palm. I huffed a deep sigh, as he guided me down a staircase, before pausing in his track abruptly as he took a sharp left, making me stumble upon my stance.

"Go." He had brought me to stand next to the supply room, as he let go of my palm and opened the door for me.

Did he just turn soft for me?

I wanted to smack myself for considering to think remotely nice for the man who helped Vivaan cause the most gruesome of bloodshed one could ever witness. I scrambled into the room before locking it tightly, as he watched me rush in. I could feel his eyes on me as I maneuvered through the aisles with smaller steps, causing me to nibble on my lower lip.

Now fucking what!

See I am no doctor, and if you guys have stuck with me till now, you know how much of a healthy relationship I share with healthcare, hospitals, knives, and guns - my own thoughts had begun to make me scoff before I remembered why was I here -

To get me an escape plan.

My eyes fell on a few cotton pads, so I reached out before clasping them tightly. I hoped he would have turned around by now, and to be sure, I scurried behind the aisle, before I turned my face to see from my peripheral view if he was still watching me.

And that bastard indeed was.

I had no time to be Mr. Goody Two Shoes, so I swiveled on my heels, making sure I met his eyes. I felt the curve of my brow arch as I lowered my hand down to the seam of my jeans, causing him to blink. I let out a breathy chuckle as my fingers glided around my waist, making way to the button of my jeans, and just as I popped open the button, he turned.