CHAPTER 13 - ZEALOUS

Tamannah as Amber aka Ammber

HIM

"Mr. Singhania, you have a few interviews to conduct today." Trehan ji voiced out my agenda for the day.

"Me? Who am I interviewing Trehan Ji?" I looked up at him through my reading glasses.

"Your father, I mean Prajapati Ji, wants you to appoint a PA for yourself." He said, handing me a file.

"But, I have you." I said, keeping it aside.

"While it was such an honor to work with you, Mr. Singhnaia, Prajapti Ji needs me in the Hyderabad branch."

"Trust me, it is I who is honored to have worked with you." I managed to pull a fake smile as Trehan Ji left the office. While I understood Baba must be needing him, Trehan Ji was a trusted employee, working with him had always brought a sense of comfort for me. Guess it was time for me to get out of my comfort zone and set things in motion my way.

I looked at the other side of my desk and saw Suhaana completely immersed in work. I glanced at my watch and thought of asking her for lunch.

"Suhaana, it's 1. Let's go grab a bite." I said, clipping the scattered documents from the table.

"I cant." She muttered.

"Why?" I asked.

"I am busy Siddha...I mean Mr. Singhania." She said, almost reprovingly.

I sighed as she hadn't even looked up from her computer screen.

"Alright. What do you want to eat?" I tried to ease into some conversation.

"Nothing." She looked at me momentarily, before resuming her work.

I frowned. Why was she giving me such cold replies?

"Suhaana, I mean, Ms. Shetty, are you alright?" I said, walking towards her.

"Yes -" She pressed a smile.

I tilted my head trying to decipher her demeanor just when an idea struck me. She hadn't eaten all day, and there could be a strong possibility of her feeling the hunger pangs in all the wrong ways. She wasn't exactly hangry, but I thought of not risking my safety.

"Alright. I am going to get us some lunch."

I said leaving the cabin before she could say anything else. I didn't know but I had really started to care for her. She looked like a workaholic to me, sometimes. She either worked or slept. I had also seen her have hearty conversations with Akka, but I wished to spend more time with her, outside of work. Oooor maybe, we do, but I guess I can't get enough of her. I hadn't noticed when I had reached the cafeteria and had begun reading the menu as I had only been thinking about her.

"Hmm...what would she like?" I asked myself.

"Salad?" Her glaring eyes appeared in my head and I chuckled. Who would like a salad after being hungry all day? Not me. And definitely, not her.