CHAPTER 23 - WINDSWEPT

HIM

"WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!"

"..."

"..."

"..."

I looked at her, she looked at me, aur ho gayi mushkil, it seemed.

"Do you see this?" I whispered in Akka's ear as she took the support of the chair to maintain her composure. I held her hand, just in case she fainted, cause she looked like she would - anytime now.

 I held her hand, just in case she fainted, cause she looked like she would - anytime now

"Send her abroad, they said. She'll be wise, they said. Look at her..." Akka murmured angrily in my ear as my eyes darted from her to the gentleman who was staring at Suhaana. I turned to her, as she stood behind me, sipping from a glass of water, her eyes, glued to the gentleman.

"Do you care to explain?" I crossed my arms as I ambled around the couch, scrutinizing the two of them.

"I didn't know my family would be this dramatic..." She whispered in her apparent fiance's ear as I leaned in to take a listen. Both of them turned their necks at me, almost spraining them.

"Anna...what are you doing?" She said, glaring at me.

"What? What AM I DOING? What are YOU DOING?" I blasted at her.

She looked at him, while he looked at Suhaana who shook her head, reprovingly.

"Do these guys know each other?" Before I could pose a question at either of them, Akka voiced out our worst of concerns.

        Nazriya Nazim as Samira Singhania

"Who on this planet will inform Baba about it? Or have you already sent an invite his way before your merry arrival here?" Akka rebuked as Samira's eyes moistened. She stood up and walked towards Akka making her look at her, appalled.

"Don't even dare to try puppy eyes with me!" She blared, making Samira take a few steps back, while I stared at the gentleman from the top of the couch.

"I was...Akka...I was hoping we all could do that together? Now wouldn't that be fun?" She said, turning to me and then to Akka who had already turned around, disapprovingly.