CHAPTER 8 - DAWN

Wattpad is becoming my safe place. I love writing now, more than ever and I feel, with every new chapter, I feel more connected to the story, all because of my beautiful readers whose comments are so positive and supportive that they make my heart swell with love and bliss. Thank you for the love.

- Shrivanika

HER

Siddhanth Subah Singhania, MD, forwarded his hand towards me as he stood up from his chair. I needed a moment to process everything before I could step forward and shake hands with him. I stared at him, incredulously, my brain couldn't gather how this man is everywhere since I have placed a foot in his city.

"Good Morning, Mr. Singhania." I firmly shook his hand because I wanted to form a professional impression. I didn't want yesterday's events to affect our meeting today, in any way, possible.

He smiled before sitting in his chair as he gestured at me to take a seat. I sat in the chair across him, my eyes still in his, and his, in mine. None of us let out a word before our gaze was broken by a knock at the door.

"Come in." He ordered.

Coffee was served to the two of us by his staff and we were left alone, again. I felt his soft gaze at me as I placed my files hurriedly on the desk, hoping for the upcoming conversation to be strictly business.

"Ms. Shetty, so I read that you have just gotten into business and by taking a look at your previous clientele, I must say, you're too good, I mean since you're just starting out."

I was surprised at how he instigated the conversation, just how I had prayed.

I smiled at him confidently, because I felt proud of my achievements.

"So, tell me about yourself. How did you begin this venture and where do you see yourself as a businesswoman in these coming years?"

I placed my cup on the desk as I cleared my throat.

"Well, coming from a business family, I guess it's in my blood."

He smirked at my short and crisp answer.

"So you mean your parents are into business themselves?"

I took a moment before I could answer that one. Not that I hadn't been asked about my family's business and its history, but because I already knew him. Had it been a stranger, I wouldn't have cared. Cared to reveal the truth.

And now, I had to get into the details of how and why and where of it.

"Well, yes. My father, he...he is a businessman."

He looked at me and nodded while he adjusted back in the chair.

"Interesting. So why didn't you take upon your family's business and join him? I mean you are exceptional, your father's firm could only benefit from you."

"Well, we...I mean I...I wanted to start a business of my own. I wanted to be a self-made woman rather than assuming his mantle." I lied, well, partially.

"Hmm..." He looked impressed by my straightforward answers. Well, I surely felt smug. This conversation was going just where I intended it to go.

"Well, Ms. Shetty..." He placed his cup down and sat straight into his chair. He was about to get into this. "As you must have been informed by Mr. Malhotra, we already have a well-established lineage here in South..."