CHAPTER 2 - FURIOUS

HER

I landed in the beautiful city of Bangalore and as soon as I booked a cab, my phone started to ring. It was Arjun.

                   Mahesh Babu as Arjun

You see, Arjun was my best friend since we were babies. We attended school together, and at one point in life, he developed a humongous crush on me. He liked to refer to it as love, I on the other hand was least interested in relationships. Not because I didn't like to be loved, I love it when I am the center of my ammu's attention or Arjun's love as a friend, I think I love to feel love from a relationship where there aren't any risks of losing. After he left, I was adamant to never fall in love, but I swore to never become like him, so I don't thrash people in love or the concept of love. Honestly, love for me, well we'll see when I feel it, in 24 years of my life, all the love that has ever mattered to me is my family's and Arjun's.

"Where are you?!", I flinched as I heard him screaming at the top of his lungs from the other end of the phone.

"Bangalore...", I sighed. I hadn't told Arjun about my last-minute decision to fly to a new city because then all I'd hear from him would be long-ass lectures, which would eventually end him getting so worried that he would do it himself. The flight, the hotel, the reservations. Everything.

Even though it was Arjun's sister Aradhna Di's recommendation of me to her CEO, that I could be the business alliance that could help their clients expand their business in the North. Aradhna Di works as the CEO'S PA at Silver Cooperations. She had recently learned about their new clients and how they need a business alliance to team up with in the North. They are already massive in the South and other regions of the country, it's time they want to expand their legacy and establish their reign in the capital. Aradhna Di and Arjun have been family to us since we were little, so she didn't think twice before referring me to her boss. While I haven't had a word with the boss directly, and due to Aradhna Di's well-maintained record, her boss trusted her with me and ordered her to fix a meeting between me and their client.

"Suhaana, have you lost your mind?!", he blared in my ear that could have made it bleed. "And who would have told me about your new venture in a brand new city you silly dumb girl?!"

"Aru, I am a stro..."

"YEAH! A STRONG, INDEPENDENT BUT DUMB AS HELL WOMAN. I KNOW!" I smiled at his concern. He hasn't always been like this. I think he changed for me and amma, a lot, after....

"Are you there?" I was brought back to the moment from now a very calm Arjun.

"Yes Arjun, Tell me?"

"See, I know you are independent and strong and whatnot, but as your best friend, I deserved to know man. You could have at least left a message before leaving. Not that I would have kept you from flying."

"Arjun..." I let out and noticed the cab that I had booked. I waved at the car only to see him pass me by and move towards the U-Turn. I panicked and rushed towards the car, waving desperately for him to spot me in the rearview mirror.