CHAPTER 14 - JEALOUS

"INHALA EXHALA" - INHALE EXHALE IN SPANISH (just cause I like the drama of it)

                Samantha as Aisha Reddy

HER

Siddhanth walked out of the elevators and hugged this woman named Aisha, which I was sure, was more than an acquaintance. Their hug lasted for more than it would for two friends. I took a deep breath, brushing away the warm sensation that was now rising through my body, in a well-air-conditioned environment.

"Oh my! Siddhanth. Look at you. You look so handsome." Aisha's eyes twinkled as she moved back and looked at him adoringly.

"Says the beautiful woman, who has always been so beautiful." Siddhanth smiled.

I, on the other hand, tried my best to keep a smile on my face. I wanted to excuse myself and go into the cabin and immerse myself in my work so that I wouldn't have to listen to these two lovebirds chirping.

"Yes." I thought to myself. "Let's do that."

I politely excused myself as they stood blocking the elevator door.

"Suhaana, I'll join you okay," Siddhanth said, taking a look at me for 0.0001 seconds before he got busy again.

I didn't bother to reply. I hadn't felt this way before. I never felt uncomfortable in the presence of another woman. Then why did I feel my blood gushing through my veins, threatening to make its way to my head and then through its roof? I marched my way to the office and took a seat in my chair.

"Calm down Suhaana. Take a deep breath. INHALA EXHALA. INHALA EXHALA." I drew in a few deep breaths trying to wrap my head around whatever was on my computer screen. All my effort was futile as I heard the two making their way to the cabin, chirruping along the way.

"And oh, do you remember when you taught me how to ride a bike and both of us crashed into the bushes?" Aisha reminisced gleefully as Siddhanth took note of their beautiful memories, opening the door of our office for her.

"Haha yes! How can I forget? I broke my leg that day." He said following her.

"Good. You deserved it." I mumbled under my breath. It might have gained Sidhanth's attention as his eyes darted at me, before reciting a formal introduction.

"Aisha, please meet my amazing business partner, Ms. Suhaana Shetty."

"Hello Suhaana, I am Aisha. Siddhanth's childhood friend." Aisha approached me, forwarding her hand, so I faked a smile and definitely, a friendly handshake.

"Hi," I said as I resumed working on a very important matter at hand.

Mission calm myself down before I punch someone.