CHAPTER 26 - THE TRUTH

HER

"Akka? Is this important?" I said, biting my lip as Samira upheaved Akka's room in search of a bottle.

"I guess." She said, turning around looking at the sad state of her room.

"Can I just get my laptop real quick, just so I could catch up with work?" I said, looking longingly towards my room.

"The only catching up we are doing tonight is on each other's private matters." She sighed, feeling sorry for herself.

"Alright!" Here are the rules, announced Samira walking with a fancy perfume bottle.

"Oh, my...are you mad? Give it to me!" Akka snatched the bottle from her hand, making her little sister pout.

"Akka! That's one way of ruining a fun night!"Samira said, placing her hands on her waist.

"Shut up." Akka glared at her.

"Okay, Akka. I guess. I guess I have to spill your secrets in front of Suhaana. Pardon me when I do." Samira ambled across the room, with her hands locked behind her back - faking a serious timbre.

"What secrets?" Akka arched her brow.

"The dark secret of the entrancing bottle of red wine, hidden deep inside your shelf..." Samira tilted her head, her eyes darting from those of Akka's to her door.

"SAMIRA! HOW DARE YOU!" Akka stood up furiously as she sprinted towards her room.

"Come on Akka. It's not fair to have all the fun by yourself." Samira followed as Akka closed the door from outside, not letting her in.

"I swear you lay your eyes on it one more time, I'll scoop them out of your sockets myself!"

"That's just brutal. Fine! We won't taste it, but at least let us play with it." Samira pouted, looking at her, and then at me, who honestly felt surprised by witnessing the varied personalities of people I was living with.

"No."

"Please na."

"No."

"Akka, please?" I whispered, personally dazing myself.

"..." Akka blinked a few times at me, not expecting that.

"I'll go and get it!" Samira pushed her aside and barged into her room.

"The rules will be different, to make this a bit more exciting." Declared Samira as Akka looked at her bottle of red wine, hoping it to be freed from her sister's evil possession.

"Whoever is at the end of the cork-" Samira said, placing the bottle gently on the floor, "-will have to pick from telling the truth or attempting a dare..."

"We know this." Akka rolled her eyes.

"OMG. Wait for the hot stuff. Okay so, the player at the end of the cork can pass on the choice they select at first, which would make them opt for the contrary. For example - "

"- If I had chosen to tell the truth, but I don't like the question, I could pass it to a dare-" I continued, feeling excited - for once.

"-Which you will have no choice but to oblige," Samira said nodding at me.

"Should I be scared of you two?" Akka said, looking at the two of us as Samira nodded.

"Kinda." She chuckled.

"Okay, so here we begin!"

Samira spun the bottle, as I looked at it anticipatorily, while Akka looked at it for different reasons.