CHAPTER 56 - UNLEASHED

HER

My fingers trembled, not because I did not want to welcome her child the way she wanted, but because it gave her the fucking permission - do die. She smiled softly, all the thick tears in her eyes flowing through her drenched eyelids and across her pink cheeks as if the dam had been broken and now they were free. Srikant took a swift glance at the papers before he nodded curtly, making her nod back as if whatever they had wanted was now coming to fruition.

The door threw open and entered Siddhanth, Trehan Ji, and Aditya, their faces white as if they had seen a ghost and for some reason, I felt that this was only the beginning, beginning of something going terribly wrong, terribly soon.

"Akka! What the fuck!" He blared, his eyes relieved to see her, but then as he came closer, his face began to contort, as if he was doing some maths. I took a few steps back, giving them the space, of course, he would have been worried, but what I could not comprehend was why was he, he not - not looking at me?

"I am fine bacchu-"

"Shut the fuck up! " His voice shook as his hands reached his thick locks, after being drawn back from her cheeks.

"Siddhanth!"

"You - you - you told me you were fucking dying! Ooh my god Akka! You told - you told me-" He gasped, breaking in a fit of cough, making me reach out to rub his back. His back straightened as if it had been electrocuted by my touch, he shifted in his space, scooting closer to Akka, and - and away from - me.

"Siddhanth, there is something-"

"Akka, I - you - you need to fly with me to Hyderabad right fucking now." He rse up from the bed, holding her hand as he looked around for someone, a nurse I assumed.

"Siddhanth, I can't, baccha-"

"I have talked to Shobha Ji and she has collected her entire team - and - and - let's leave, asap! Come on-"

Akka's eyes left his face as they traveled towards me, but to be honest, nothing really mattered anymore. If Siddhanth had chosen to ignore me, then I guess, I couldn't really do much about it, even though what's funny to me is that he was dying to marry me a few days ago.

"Siddhanth listen-"

"What? What do you want?-"

"This is Srikant, and he has some papers, I need you to sign them for me-"

Siddhanth snatched the papers from him with his left hand as his right hand patted his white shirt's pocket and then the back pocket of his washed-out jeans.

"Here-" Srikant handed Siddhanth a pen, making him walk past me and resting the papers on the wall behind me. He must have signed the pacers ruthlessly for I could hear the pen being rammed into the paper like Siddhanth had no time for this bullshit.

"Done," Siddhanth practically threw the papers on Srikant's face, making the latter knit his brows, but what I was seeing in front of me was a restless man who had no time for manners or showing etiquette.

"- Now come on, let's -"

"Ms. Singhania! You are soon to be in surgery and, what?!? She looked around, taken aback by the number of people she was witnessing in a private ward, which was supposed to keep shut with strict visiting hours to maintain hygiene and patient's sanity.

Talking about sanity, I think I should get admitted to one of these private wards.

"-Who allowed these many people in a private ward?"

"Sur- surgery?" Siddhanth whispered the words as the nurse stared at me, for I had promised to get Akka ready by the time the nurse would come around, and now that it was almost time, I had no choice but to get her changed in her gown and send her off to to down without a qualm. Just like my fingers, earlier, my legs had begun to shake, with each step that I took towards her.