CHAPTER 34 - KISS ME

HER

"Akka?" I called out for her after knocking at her door a few times. I peeped in to see her strolling around the balcony, talking over the phone.

"Akka?" I called out again, yet it seemed nothing could have bothered her. Holding her mug of coffee, I stood there, waiting to be noticed.

"Guess I'll Just come later..."

"I love you too Harsh..." Her words made me halt dead in my tracks as I placed the mug on the nightstand. I hurriedly made my way to the door before being called out by her.

"Hi, Suhaana! I am sorry I didn't notice you..." She said with a bright smile.

"Hi...Coffee?" I picked up the mug and walked to the balcony. The chilly breeze pointed at the storm that was soon about to begin.

"Thank you so much!" She gave me a side hug as I smiled back. She looked happier and chirpier than usual which, undoubtedly, looked good on her.

"Where is my buffoon of a brother?" She said, taking a sip, closing her eyes to take in the warmth.

"Suhaana! You are a magician!" She pulled my cheek lightly as I watched her antics. I wouldn't have had it any other way, rather than seeing Akka happy.

"Siddhanth was finding a parking space..." We turned to the balcony door as we heard the doorbell ring. I told Akka to stay as I marched my way to unlock the door, expecting him not before being teased by Akka for my excitement.

"What took you so long? Wait, I'll make you another mug..."

"Here." He handed me my phone and began to leave as my face contorted trying to understand what just happened.

"Wait! Siddhanth!" I pulled him in by his elbow as he averted his eyes away, clearly not interested in a conversation.

"What happened?" I smiled as he stepped back from me, placing his hands on his waist.

"You forgot your phone in the car..."

"Okay...but what happened to you? I thought we were having coff..."

"Not everything is supposed to happen the way we think right?" He said with a smirk as I heard my phone ring again. I ignored the constant ringing as I looked at him with questioning eyes.

"Go take your call. Attend it. Some Arjun is dying to talk to you..." He was about to turn and when I held his hand.

"Would you please listen to me?" I could listen to my heart in my ears as his face hardened, his eyes staring blankly at me.

"I don't want to. Not today. And oh, by the way, he thinks you look out worldly...yeah I am pretty sure this was one of the thousand and one message notifications that swamped your phone." He banged the door shut behind him as I stood there, tears starting to fill my eyes.

"Suhaana? What happened?" Akka and Samira walked out of their rooms listening to the door as I ran after him, not answering them.

I climbed down the stairs running to the elevators and panted, waiting for him. The breeze had turned into violent gusts as drops of rain could be felt in the air. The storm was just around the corner. I looked up at the lightening sky as thunder blared, before the elevator doors opened, making me look at him, whose back was facing me.

He turned around, oblivious to my presence, before bumping into me. I held him by his broad shoulders as his fingers gently brushed against my waist, our eyes doing the thing they always did to our hearts. He helped me stand straight before walking against me as I hurriedly walked behind him, calling out his name.