CHAPTER 16 - BUTTERFLIES

HIM

"Move," I said, pushing Aditya aside.

I entered his living room where he had been watching our favorite show - Pokemon.

I stood immersed in the episode myself when I felt him pushing me away and crashing on the couch behind me, bringing me back to my senses.

"I need to talk to you. Something important."

Aditya didn't care enough to reply, as he held the cushion tightly, anticipating Ash's next move in the pokemon fight.

"Aditya?"

"Siddhanth I am going to need you to shut up because this episode is crucial. You see, in this match, Charmendor would transform into Charizard and it's going to be a gamechanger for the fight. So I am going to have to tell you to zip it."

"What? Why didn't you tell me before! I would have missed such an important episode just because of you." I turned around the television screen moments before hitting myself in my head.

"Wait. Aditya, no. I am here to talk to you about something important. Please listen to me."

"What could be more important to you than this episode, Siddhanth?" He turned to me for the slightest bit before turning his attention towards the screen again.

"It's...It's Suhaana."

Aditya turned his neck so quickly, I was afraid he would sprain it.

"Alright, lover boy. What is it?" He said turning off the television.

"Well. I want to... I want to ask her to accompany me to a friend's wedding..."

"What? A wedding? What friend? I am not getting married...then who is this friend?" Aditya faked being hurt.

"Aditya. Was that supposed to be funny?" I asked, resisting the intense urge to punch him.

"Alright. Looks like falling in love has caused you to lose all your sense of humor. Anyway, What is it then, Romeo? Did she say no or what?"

"No...actually, I hadn't asked her...yet..." I bit my lip nervously.

"How on this planet will she agree to you if you don't ask her?" He said, making a point.

"What if she says no?" I started to play with my hands, feeling nervous.

"Are you going to propose to her for marriage before taking her out to a friend's wedding?" Aditya looked amused.

I glared at him while he unusually did make sense. Why was I so nervous?

"I don't think you understand. I don't even know if she likes to, you know, be social, see people. What if she is an introvert and she agrees out of courtesy but inwardly, she would hate me for even taking her along?" I said, holding my head.

"Boy. You weren't even half of this squirrelly before our board exams. Vadina must have done a number on you." He chortled making me blush.

"Listen. I think you should go and ask her, right away. I mean if you don't then how would you spend time with her to get to know her?" He said, leaning back on the couch as I stood up.

"I think you are right. I'll just ask her, right? Yeah. Besides I feel she'd like to, you know, get out of the routine. All she does is work, and sleep, which nowadays, she doesn't even do that. She just disappears into the dark for long walks..." I said, whispering the latter part as my mind went back to her atypical demeanor that morning.

"Listen to me, Romeo. You can't just make assumptions. Maybe she herself is tired of the same old same old and tries to relax by going on walks."

"Something with you making sense doesn't sit right with me. But I'll take your word for it." I said, placing my hands on my waist, looking down at him.