CHAPTER 10 - TIPTOE

HIM

"Move." I said, pushing Aditya away and getting inside his house. He turned towards me, and then at the door I just barged through, and then again at me, waiting for an explanation.

As I gave him a detailed account of what happened, Aditya's tittering had now turned into howling. He laughed in exultation, as I threw myself face down, on his bed.

"Oh...Oh...my god..." He held his stomach, wiping the tears as they fled down his face. I raised my face up from his pillow, looking at him incredulously.

"Siddhanth Subah Singhania, the handsome, the charming, the billionaire dream of the ladies, the rising star in the world of business, the..." I pulled his hair into a fist and shook his head which only made him grunt louder.

"THE SIDDHNATH SUBAH SINGHANIA, ALUMNI OF HARVARD UNIVERSITY, GETS THROWN BY HIS OWN SISTER, FROM THEIR OWN HOUSE, IS DESPERATELY IN SEARCH OF SHELTER. INTERESTED CANDIDATES MAY APPLY. (LADIES ONLY!)

Oh sorry. I forgot he already has a lady..." I blushed.

"...MALE CANDIDATES MAY APPLY. This. This should be tomorrow's breaking news. And I'll make sure it gets all the media attention! Wait let me call Minister ji..." I snatched his phone away and threw it on the couch.

"For the last time, he is not a minister. His grandfather is. He will hit you through the phone if you call him that..."

"Yeah yeah. I know. But honestly, his life's story does not entertain me half as much as yours does, as of now..." Aditya burst into laughter again as I glared at him. He shut his mouth and placed a finger on his lips, only to break into another peal of laughter. This time, even I couldn't help but laugh at my misery.

*The Next Morning*

"You might think I am a fool, but don't forget, I have practically raised you with Amma." Akka said reprovingly. I lowered my head into the dining table as she continued.

"You think, if you act smart with me, I won't learn that Suhaana is the girl you hit with your car? You think I won't get to know that she is now working with you?"

I raised my head a little, but asking her anything would be vain as of now, so I regained my position and listened to her patiently.

"This sweet sweet innocent girl, Siddhanth, how could you have hurt her?"

"Akka, I didn't do it on purpose, I could never do it on purpose. I could never hurt her. I could never see her in pain or any discomfort. I curse myself for those painful hours she had to go through because of me, and I promised myself that day, that no matter what happens in this life, I will never let anything harm or hurt her. I will protect her with my life, Akka."

Akka gaped at me and I realized what I had just said. I sat back in the chair, fumbling with my fingers. She walked behind me and caressed my hair. I rested my head against her arm and kissed her hand.

"Akka, Just for the record, I didn't claim the city as my own..."

"Siddhanth. I know. You are the gentleman she was talking about. I am not a child. I am your elder sister. I can see how you two look at each other. The playfulness and the comfort. I just want to let you know that she is precious and so are you."

I smiled.

Akka left for her morning run as I waited for Suhaana to wake up. It had been an hour since Akka left and I played video games. While I didn't want to disturb her, I also had to wake her up because we had to leave for the office soon.

I knocked at her door several times but there was no answer. I hesitantly opened her door a bit, enough for me to see her sleeping peacefully and mumbling something in her sleep. A smile crept on my face, admiring her innocence.