CHAPTER 15 - HUSH

HER

"So you mean, Amber, I mean Ammber was here for the interview and Aisha was here to personally invite you for her wedding?" I asked Siddhanth who was looking at the moon. Without turning towards me, he nodded.

"Then why was she so surprised to see you? Wouldn't she be expecting to see you already?" Aisha looked thrilled to see Siddhanth earlier like she had met him after years.

"Well, she hadn't been expecting me, she had been expecting to meet my father." He spoke, looking down. I wanted to ask about his father, but his expressions made me feel like it wasn't my place to get into places where it could hurt him.

He turned to me and held my hand.

"Suhaana. I want to tell you something..."

I nodded my head as he looked away. He felt like he was having an internal conflict and didn't know what to do.

"I...I wasn't the person I am today..."

"Alright you guys, dinner is...wait what?" I pulled away from his hand from his as Akka arrived at the scene. She gave a bewildered look to both of us.

"Did I disturb you lovebirds?" She said teasingly as I looked down, blushing a deep shade of red and he turned away, trying not to face her.

"Well, sorry guys, I didn't mean to intervene, but I have to say, you two look adorable together." She said cheekily, pulling my cheek and his ear.

"Ow. Akka. Why this discrimination?" Siddhanth frowned.

"Because. Suhaana is my little angel, while you are the same, naughty little demon!"

"I agree with the first part of the sentence, while I sincerely disagree with the latter," Siddhanth said as I hugged Akka from behind.

After we had dinner, Siddhanth and Akka were having a conversation on the balcony, so I decided to let the siblings have their own time. I went into Siddhanth's room which was mine now and thought of giving amma a call.

"Suhaana, is everything alright?" my mother said groggily.

"Amma, I can call you without things not being right." I pouted.

"No. I meant, you always stay so busy, we hardly talk as much betu. I just wanted you to be alright." I felt my heartache, listening to my mother's concern. We hadn't talked a lot since I started working. I wanted to hug her and apologize. A tear rolled down my eyes before I heard her call my name.

"Shana?"

"Yes...yes...how are you amma?" I asked, fighting away the tears.

"I am good, my love. Did you talk to anna recently?"

"No amma...why? Is he okay?" I felt alarmed. She chuckled.

"Yes yes, he's fine. But, I feel, he may or may not be planning a surprise for you..." Amma said calmly, but the joy in her tone was evident.

"Surprise?" I wondered. "What is it? Tell me?"

She laughed at my impatience.

"If I tell you, then what will be the surprise? Plus it's between you and your anna. I am out of this."

I couldn't help but sigh. I knew there was no point in asking her because she wouldn't tell me if she had given her word to anna.

"Alright ammu. I just wanted to tell you...that please take care okay? And lock the doors from inside...don't talk to strangers..."

"Don't forget it's I - the mother. Also, I just wanted to let you know that I might or might not be leaving for Goa tomorrow."

"You, you what now?" I stood up, bewildered.

FORNEVER | ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara