CHAPTER 32 - SECRETS

HIM

"What has happened to Baba?" I cornered Aditya as all of my family members served lunch to the people present in the temple.

"Nothing that we should be worried about," He said, looking at him.

"Then why did you sound the way you did earlier? Like there was something we must worry about."

"Who is worrying about what?" Vikayth walked in our conversation as I hurried to Baba, taking away the gigantic bowl of rasam from him.

"Baba, please take a seat."

"I am fine. I will manage." He said, turning to get more.

"Baba." He sighed, taking a seat.

"Siddhanth, why aren't you eating?" Akka nudged me out of my thoughts.

"I feel like nobody in this family wants me in stuff," I said in her ear as everyone around us ate.

"What are you even talking about?" She pulled her head furrowing her brows.

"Remember when I told you I find Baba weaker and leaner than before and you said it must be because he stresses himself so much..." She nodded as I continued, "- I think Baba and Aditya are hiding something from me."

Baba kept mum, eating as little as a five-year-old kid. Suhaana served him water, taking a seat beside him making him smile.

"I don't know Siddhanth. He has always been a fit person, there aren't any health issues that I know of, but you don't worry, I'll talk to him." She said placing a morsel near my mouth as I opened it.

*****

"Kinda feel bummed that no one thought I was the bride," Samira complained, making Rudra shake his head.

"Samira, how does it make a difference?"

"How does that make a difference?" She raised her brows at him "- This is a life event every girl dreams of, imagines of, has her own plans about and you tell me how does it make a difference?" She sat on the staircase of the temple shaking her head, as Rudra circled his arm around her.

"I understand what you are talking about, but isn't the person he or she marries more important than the momentary attention the couple gets?" He said, making her turn her face away from him.

"I mean, sure you have the right to feel the way you do, but I guess, it was just a moment of confusion you see-" He turned her face towards himself by holding her chin, which she did without protest.

"Samira you know what?-" He said taking a hold of her hand making her look at him, "- I wouldn't have cared if we had matching outfits or not, or if we had a grand affair of events leading up to our wedding, all I really care about is I am getting married to the love of my life, with her family's love and blessings.

"Do you know what made me the happiest?" She looked up at him with teary eyes as he brushed a lone tear from her cheek.

"The fact that Baba was happy. You should have seen the look on his face when the priest blessed us, he felt proud. I could see his eyes water and at that moment I realized his magnificence. He isn't the man you told me about.-" Samira looked at her father who was talking over a phone call near the main entrance.

"-I think he is very soft at heart." She kept looking at him, with a smile.

*****

"I will be at the office, you kids can go home." Baba sat in the passenger seat, instructing the group of people from the car window.

"Baba, I am coming with you." I said, as Ramraj Ji stepped out of his car and walked up to mine.