CHAPTER 59 - THE SINNER

CHANGE IN POV IN THIS CHAPTER.

|AUTHOR|

FLASHBACK

Now, didn't love mean to protect? He could have protected her, he thought, as she lay in a pool of blood before he garnered in his arms. Heaven must've heard his wails, as he called her name, again, and again, kissing her cheeks, patting her back, anything to revive her pulse, which he and his best friend knew was long gone.

Gone - the moment the bullet pierced her heart causing her to collapse so softly that had the fired shot not resounded through the grey skies which he could have sworn were bright blue, no one could have anticipated that she was gone. Gone, just like that.

Ahana! He bellowed as if she could hear him.

Ahana, He whispered.

Ahana - His faint heartbeat reciting her name in a quest to bring her back to life, a desperate attempt to listen to her fluttering laughter one more time.

Blood ran through his eyes as he raised his head up from her pale face, looking for any signs of mourning from his best friend. The guards rushed to their aid, but he wouldn't let go, let go of her frail body as he kept staring at his best friend who stood at a distance.

"You know who the men were, don't you?" That was not a question. He jerked away a guard's hand as it reached for her arm, thinking that he was distracted enough to let her go from his embrace.

"You knew, you did, didn't you?" His lips turned into a lopsided smile as his friend lowered his eyes, masking his compunction. His friend watched as the blood pooled the duo, making it a heartbreaking sight, but the taller man who had crouched down on the grass with his own sister's dead body refused to move until he was given the name.

"Siddhanth-"

"I SAID DON'T TOUCH HER!" He bawled at another of his friend's guards who wanted to reach to the girl's body curled up in his embrace.

"Tell me the name." He wiped his mouth with the back of hand not knowing that he had just painted his jaw red with her blood.

"This is a political issue, Siddhanth! Let her go!" His best friend tried talking some sense into the other guy, but it failed miserably as it earned him a mirthless chuckle, so dense that it ran chills down the spines of those around, including himself.

Sidhanth rose from his knees, holding onto Ahana's body tighter, lifting her feather like weight in both of his arms.

"Where - where are you going?" Siddhanth's best friend sprinted towards him as the latter's face recited his plans, his friend was afraid to hear out loud.

"Where do you think?" His blood stained lips stretched again, his gaze drowning the other man in the sea of fire they held.

"Siddhanth - no! Siddhanth, listen to me!" He tried taking the dead girl's body from his arms, before getting kicked in the groin by Siddanth.

"I'll be damned if I let you touch her." Siddhanth walked past the curled up guy as he marched towards the iron gates and towards his car.

"Don't worry Ahana, you are safe, safe with me." The Satan with a blood stained mouth kissed the girl's forehead as he drove off into the horizon, thirsty for some bloodshed.

" The Satan with a blood stained mouth kissed the girl's forehead as he drove off into the horizon, thirsty for some bloodshed