CHAPTER 60 - BLOOD ON MY HANDS

AUTHOR

"Remember the time you landed me and Harsh in the hospital? That was the time I had decided that I will make each and every day of your life a living nightmare."

Vivaan crouched to meet Siddhanth's eyes, which had no emotion in particular in them but then again, death has no emotion in particular to its meaning. To some it's placid and to others it's mayhem.

"The son of South Asian business mogul Prajapati Singhania who is rumored to have blood on his hands of those who killed his best friend's four-year-old sister - Ahaana Singhania...

I was on the ventilator when I first heard your name on the television-"

A lopsided smirk sprawled on Vivaan's lips,

"-The plan was never to kill you, but to make you live the life I did in the hospital. Fighting for life while begging for death. And you know what I did the moment those gruesome pipes were pulled out of my throat? I called Mr. Shetty-"

He pulled Siddhanth's hair from the back of his head while he brought his face closer,

"Because I might have not been able to show this day to you alone." Vivaan smashed Siddhanth's head against the floor making the left side of his face gnash with the marble underneath, staining it with the sanguine liquid that oozed out.

"Suhaana was never part of the plan, but oh what a delight it was to know that you were falling for her. How do I know that? Tell me something, do you not watch the news?" Vivaan titled his face to take a better look at Siddhanth, whose head he kept pushing deeper into the floor,

"-You were every fucking where when you picked that girl up at the airport. And so I decided to keep a close eye on you two, you know for research purposes. When she moved in with Soumya, when you went on chaat dates together, Aisha's wedding, and do you remember something about the orange marigold flowers?"

"Siddhanth, they tell me they are out of orange marigold flowers."

"But Akka had highlighted the word orange, I am not sure if yellow would do."

Oh. You didn't find anything here?

"No, I don't know how to speak Telugu, and these people couldn't help me with the list."

Then who did?

"I don't know. A man came around...-"

Gotta thank whoever told you about this block. Thankfully we are done with most of the stuff.

Bits and pieces of a memory splayed across Siddhanth's eyes as Vivaan's eyes glinted with treachery.

"Yep, that was me too." Vivaan shrugged.

"And let me tell you one another thing-"

Vivaan turned around to see Soumya lay in a pool of blood, before he turned back, a victorious smile etched on his face.

"-I wouldn't have killed her, had you not sent Harsh behind the bars." Siddhanth's deep brown eyes turned dark as he raised the curve of his long lashes to see the man in front of him.

"I know I know, he had unprotected sex with your sister blah blah blah -" Vivaan rolled his eyes dramatically as Siddhanth eyes stayed glued to his eyes, not a nerve moving in the latter's face.

"The plan was just to kill off the older Singhanias and then maybe Samira because I hate that bitch for some reason, but when you tormented my brother for something as little as he did to your sister, and not to mention, she seemed to have enjoyed too -" Siddhanth felt his jaw clench as his drenched lids touched his cheekbones and then his brows.