CHAPTER 25 - KNOCK KNOCK

HIM

"Did you or did you not hit Harsh right across his face?" enquired a flaming Soumya as Siddhnath crossed his legs, sitting on the couch.

"I might, or might have not..." He said smirking as Soumya fumed, shaking her head.

"Why? I ask you why did you do that?" She blared as Siddhanth covered his ears with his palms.

"Because I don't like him." He stated, his hands still on his ears.

"Wha...what? What do you have to do by liking or not liking him?" She yelled as Siddhanth moved his neck in circles, sighing.

"If not me, then who else, Akka?" He quipped.

"GOD! Siddhanth! I love him...why would you..." Her eyes shot red as tears threatened to make way to her cheeks.

"Akka, I think you deserve better, I don't like his guts to be honest." Siddhanth stood up walking towards Soumya.

"NO! NO! Don't come near me! You...you are a goon. You are a goon with some serious anger issues! He hadn't done..."

"Akka, my sources tell me..."

"TO HELL WITH YOU AND YOUR SOURCES!" Soumya screeched, breaking down as Siddhanth took a few steps back.

"Akka, trust me, he is lying to you..." He explained as she cried in her hands. She looked up, livid, her eyes swollen with all the crying her brother had caused.

"Siddhanth. Even if he is, you have no right to turn him into a HUMAN SLUMP!" Soumya blasted her brother for landing her fiance in the hospital.

"I am sorry..." He whispered as he inched closer to her. He knelt down to touch her hand slightly, which she jerked away.

"You just made his life miserable and mine too. I know you think of yourself as God, but God has his own ways Siddhanth..." She mumbled, being afraid to let out anything even close to a curse for a brother she loved like a son.

"Akka, I wouldn't have let him ruin your life..."

"So you did it yourself?"

"Akka at least listen to me..."

"You listen to me! You could have talked...talked to me...I would have broken the engagement..." Soumya sobbed, struggling to put her words together. Siddhanth lowered his eyes, realizing she was right.

"Would you have dinner with us?" I blinked a few times as I realized the voice. I looked to my left, Suhaana expecting an affirmative answer with a smile.

"I am not hungry," I said with a faint smile, making her face fall. She looked away, only to turn back at me, with another of her smiles, that could light up anyone's day. Even a goon like me...

"I'll make curry." She chirped as I curled my lips. I turned to look straight as we drove, without realizing we were already near the parking lot.

"Aren't you coming?" She asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. I had pulled up at the main gates, as I wanted to escape as soon as I dropped her.

"Aditya awaits me for something urgent," I said, turning on the ignition again.

"But what about Anna?" she turned to me.

"What about him?" I asked, without turning to face her.

"Do you think he can stay with us? Especially now that they are getting..." She made a point I didn't want to be made - to.