Chapter 138

"Is it bath time?" I asked playfully before standing on my tiptoes to give the love of my life a kiss.

"I'm going to order a bottle of wine first. What sounds good?"

I picked up the room service menu to look at the choices and saw that it was long past their hours of operation. "Champagne would have been lovely, but they stopped serving at ten-thirty. Should we raid the minibar?"

Shawn lifted the receiver on the room phone, pressing the button for the front desk. "Hi, this is Shawn Mendes; I'm in the Skyline Suite. Would it be possible to get a bottle of your best champagne sent to my room?" There was a brief pause. "I really appreciate this. Thank you so much." He hung up and smiled at me. "It'll be here soon."

"Fame has its perks, doesn't it?"

He shrugged. "Yeah, but I'll leave a one-hundred percent tip to show my gratitude."

While he waited for the champagne to be delivered, I filled the deep tub with hot water. From the bathroom, I could hear Shawn thank the person at the door profusely, and he even threw in a couple typically Canadian apologies for troubling them. He brought in the ice bucket stand and popped the cork like a pro. Then we turned off all the lights, stripped naked, and got in the tub with glasses of the sparkling Veuve Cliquot and our cake. The view of Manhattan was spectacular at night, though I had trouble taking my eyes off the much better view directly across from me.

Everything about Shawn was breathtaking. His face was classically handsome, featuring a chiseled jaw, fine cheekbones, a sensual mouth, perfect eyebrows, and amber-brown orbs that twinkled when he was happy and darkened when he became angry or aroused. His nose was somewhat unusual, sloping when you looked at his profile, yet slightly broad when viewed straight on. There was a scar on his cheek which added character to what was otherwise flawless.

His head of hair was enviable. It was brown, yet in the sunlight you could see strands of gold. I'd spent countless hours running my hands through his curls, which were tame when he styled them yet fluffy when he woke up in the morning. I also loved the other hair on his body. He had just the right amount on his chest, which projected a sexy virility. It trailed down his toned stomach to the dark thick patch that was mine alone to touch.

Then there was his body. He sometimes complained that he was too skinny, but I didn't see it. To me, he was proportioned like a Greek god. Yes, he was lean, but he was also muscular and strong. He could pick me up like I was light as a feather, and when we were moving things to his apartment, he carried three times what I did and acted as if it was nothing.

There wasn't an inch of his physique that I hadn't explored with my hands or mouth, and I loved each and every part. He was quick to fall asleep at night, and if he was on his stomach, I'd trace the curves of his back muscles, which often caused him to sigh with contentment as he slumbered. After sex, I loved to curl up next to him and let my fingers wander from his pecs down his abs, lightly touching the appendectomy scar that ran parallel to his right hip flexor.

"Here's to the first of many trips," Shawn toasted, pulling me away from admiring his beauty.

I raised my glass. "I cannot wait."

Now that I wasn't working, I could join him on his various business excursions. After the holidays, he was going to California for a long period to record, and I was very excited to explore the state. He secured the same house he stayed in earlier this year, which made me happy since I felt like I already knew it from the phone tour he'd given me.

I took a forkful of cake and whipped cream and fed it to Shawn before taking a bite for myself. "Oh my god this is so good. I'm going to have to exercise more if this is how we'll be eating on these trips. I assume that's how you stay so thin."