Chapter 47

I took Shawn's groceries into the kitchen to put them away while he took his suitcase to the bedroom. He'd brought over some green juice, a loaf of gluten-free bread, oatmeal, hummus, and an assortment of veggies. I finished first, so I joined him as he was setting his folded clothes on top of my dresser.

"I can clear some space in my closet and my drawers," I told him.

"This is fine for now, but thanks."

"If Inky sleeps on your light shirts they'll get covered in hair."

He laughed. "She already sheds all over me, so it's no big deal."

I sensed that he didn't want to put his clothes in a more permanent location because of what that implied. Given what he'd said yesterday, this wasn't particularly surprising. I didn't want to dwell on anything negative, so I moved on. "What should we do until dinner? We have a couple hours to kill." I looked over at the bed and then back at him.

Shawn gave me a delightfully wicked grin. "Really? Aren't you too sick..."

"I'm not!" I said a little too eagerly. We'd had sex the morning before, but for some reason that felt like forever ago. A lot had happened since then, so perhaps that was it.

Our clothes came off and we found ourselves on the bed with me on top.

"Should you exert yourself like this?" he asked.

"I'll live."

This was a very satisfying position for me since I was in control of the friction, and he was more than willing to let me do my thing while he laid back and enjoyed it with his eyes closed. It's not that he didn't contribute; obviously he put in effort, too, but I got to set the pace, which felt so good.

I was just starting to experience the initial tremblings of an orgasm when I suddenly got lightheaded and dark spots filled my vision. I stopped moving and steadied myself by grasping his shoulders.

"What's wrong?" Shawn asked as he lifted his head to look at me.

"I feel a little dizzy."

"Fuck! You need to lay down. You're as white as these sheets." He eased me off of him and got me in a reclined position before pulling the covers over me. "Do you think you're going to pass out?"

"No. I'm already feeling better. I think it was just too much for me. We can finish with you on top."

He looked at me like I was insane. "No way are we doing that. In fact, we're not fooling around until you get a negative test result."

"Oh come on! I might feel great by tomorrow!"

"Or you might be worse. I can't believe I was so selfish. I'm sorry, baby."

I rolled my eyes. "Not as sorry as I am! I was so close!"

He laughed. "Same."

"I hate COVID."

"All day I've been thinking about how the timing isn't that bad. What if you'd had it when we saw each other during my tour? I would have been really upset if I'd had to cancel dates. If I do have it, I'll probably have some immunity going into the European leg. That's a good thing."

"You're welcome," I said semi-sarcastically as I got out of bed to retrieve my panties. "I'm sleepy again. Do you want to nap?"

"I'm not tired, so I might work on a song in the living room. Will my guitar bug you?"

"No. I love the idea of drifting off to sleep to the sounds of you making music. We should probably lock Inky in here with me because she's going to go after your fingers if you're wiggling them on the long thingy."