Chapter 40

Shawn sat on the couch petting Inky, who loved that he'd been coming over every day after I was done with work. I was in the kitchen putting together a charcuterie board, but we could still converse since my place was so small.

"So what are you and the girls doing tonight other than eating fancy cheese?" he asked.

"Briya suggested a game night since I'm not drinking. We'll probably play Mario Party on my Switch."

"How come we never play?"

I popped my head around the corner. "We're usually busy doing other things."

"Oh yeah. I like those things."

"Mmhm. I know you do. And you're pretty good at them."

He got up and joined me. "Pretty good?"

"Yes."

Wrapping his arms around my waist, he pulled me so that my ass was pressed against him. How he got aroused so quickly was beyond me. "Just pretty good?"

"Very good."

One of his large hands slipped under my sweater and cupped my breast while the other went between my legs. "I want to be the best you've ever had, so if there's anything I need to work on, please fill me in." Then he started nibbling on my neck, right below my ear.

I whimpered. "They're going to be here soon."

"I can make this quick." He spun me around to kiss me. "Give me ten minutes."

I looked over at the clock on the wall. "You're on."

Shawn picked me up and carried me over his shoulder to my bedroom where he tossed me onto my bed. Then he yanked down my leggings and panties before diving in to pleasure me with his mouth. Ten minutes was more than adequate time, and it left enough in reserve for him to fuck me as I came down from the orgasmic high.

"Who's the best?" he asked as he rocked his hips.

"You," I moaned.

"Say it," he demanded.

"You're the best." As I said this, he let out a deep guttural groan and shuddered before collapsing on top of me.

I found this aspect of his huge ego very sexy, though it did seem odd that he never felt the need to tell me how good I was. Men weren't the only ones who needed their egos stroked, and just because I wasn't so open about asking if I was the best didn't mean I didn't want to hear it. A thought flickered through my brain but I pushed it away. There was no room in our relationship for me to make comparisons between myself and her.

We quickly got dressed and Shawn disposed of the condom in the bathroom. In another couple weeks we could go without them if we wanted, since I'd started the pill after my last period. I smoothed out my bed and sniffed the air. The girls would be in my room if we chose to play a game, and I didn't want it to smell like sex. I went out to the kitchen and grabbed a candle from under the sink. Lighting it, I set it on my bedside table as I said thanks to Bath & Body Works for creating such strong scents.

Shawn was putting his shoes on when a knock sounded at the door. "I guess that's my cue to leave. I'll miss you tonight, Lulu."

I felt my cheeks blush with satisfaction from hearing his cute nickname for me. "I figured you'd be relieved to be back in that big bed of yours."

My bed was considerably smaller and my mattress was probably not even close to the same caliber, yet we'd only slept at my apartment since I didn't want to leave Inky alone. Cats are fine by themselves as long as they have food, water, and a litter box, but I preferred being there for her. Plus, Shawn loved waking up with my little black fur ball snuggled against him.