Chapter 84

SpiritHouse was a upscale bar located in the Distillery District. The atmosphere was a combination of rustic and modern, which made for an inviting atmosphere. The girls and I had never been since it was known to be expensive, but Shawn said he'd had drinks there with his friends a few years earlier. We found a table and sat down, though several minutes passed before anyone came to help us.

"I'll go to the bar and get us a round," Shawn offered as he stood up. "What would you ladies like?"

"If there's a Halloween cocktail," I'll take that, please," Briya answered.

"Same, thanks," Fallon added.

I smiled at him. "Make it three."

He left and both of the girls leaned closer. Briya spoke first. "He's so into you! You two are more serious than you've let on!"

"You make a really good couple," Fallon said.

"Thanks and we're not that serious. We're still taking things pretty slowly, though now that his tour is over, that could change."

Briya giggled. "You're getting laid tonight!"

I felt my cheeks turn red. "Shush! We're not discussing that!"

We talked about the ghost tour for a few minutes. "What's the real story about you two being trapped in that room? Was that a lie?" Fallon asked.

"Shawn shut the door, so that part wasn't true, but the lights did go out and then we were locked inside."

"That's so freaky!" Bri exclaimed.

"It was, but it was quick, so I didn't have time to panic too much."

"Do you believe in ghosts now?" Shawn asked from behind me before setting the tray of four drinks on the wooden table.

"No, but I'll admit it felt like James Worts was responsible while we were stuck in the dark. Now that it's over, I know that's silly."

Fallon held up her glass. "Happy Halloween!"

I took a sip of the red liquid. "Oh...this is good! What is it?"

"It's called a Love Bite. I think it's mostly vodka and raspberry liqueur, but he added something else that was red to make it look like blood. The bartender told me they are having a vampire-themed party tomorrow night. He gave me four free passes since there's a cover charge," Shawn explained.

"I'm not going out again tomorrow," I said. "But look at you getting perks. Does that happen a lot."

His cheeks turned pink. "It does, but I always feel a little guilty." He turned to my friends. "Do you want the passes? You'll get two free drinks. Four if it's just the two of you."

"Hell yeah," Fallon said. "Looks like Briya and I are dressing up as sexy vampires!"

Bri clapped her hands. "Fun!"

We talked about the ghost tour as we sipped the first round of drinks. Shawn got the girls two more, but I opted for a Diet Coke since I wanted to be sober for later. He got himself a water, so he probably had the same thought. As we chatted, he kept his left hand on my thigh, and every now and then it would inch up slightly. His long fingers stroked me softly, and I could feel myself getting increasingly aroused.

I decided that two could play this game, but I bypassed his thigh and went right for the goods. He had a semi, but as I gently squeezed him, that changed. I couldn't wait for what I held in my hand to be inside me later.

Shawn leaned close to me and whispered, his breath warm on my ear, "We should go soon, but you're gonna have to stop what you are doing so that I have a few minutes to cool down."