Chapter 100

"Who wants to go first," I asked since we'd already agreed on playing Never Have I Ever. "I started last time, so it should be someone else."

Briya waved a hand. "I'll go! Never have I ever let my cellphone battery drain all the way to dead."

I was relieved that she didn't dive in with something sexual. Half of us took drinks and then it was Fallon's turn. "Never have I ever cheated on someone."

Only Briya drank but then she explained that it was in middle school.

Meg went next. "Never have I ever been the person someone else cheated with."

Fallon drank this time, but I was surprised when Shawn did, too, since it seemed so unlike him. He saw the shocked look on my face and said, "It's not something I'm proud of."

"I'm up!" Brian smacked the water. "Never have I ever said 'I love you' when I didn't mean it."

Shawn frowned. "I say 'I love you' all the time in a very general sense. I tell my fans that, and obviously I don't love them individually, but I do love them as a group. You know?"

"I meant more in a one on one situation," Brian said. "Like saying it to get in someone's pants."

"I told a college boyfriend I loved him because I panicked after he said it to me, so I'll drink," Briya said before taking a long sip of her rum and Coke.

"It's your turn, babe," I told my boyfriend.

He grinned. "Never have I ever sent a dirty text to the wrong person."

Brian let out a choked sound. "Dude! That was the most embarrassing moment of my life!"

"It sounds like this is a story you need to share," Meg said.

"When I was in eleventh grade, I had my first serious girlfriend and we used to send spicy texts to each other. We didn't actually do that much sexually- it was more about thinking we were cool for sexting. I was in school and I sent a message telling her exactly what I'd like to do the next time we were alone, only I didn't look at who I sent it to and it went to my mom."

"Oh my god!" Briya exclaimed. "What did the text say?"

He was beet red. "Let's just say it involved oral sex."

"Your poor mom," I said before taking my turn. "Never have I ever had sex in a swimming pool or hot tub." I then laughed when everyone else drank. "I guess I'll have to try it at some point."

Fallon held up a hand. "Please don't do it this weekend in the hot tub we're sharing."

"I promise we won't, but I expect everyone else to show the same courtesy."

It was Briya's turn, and we played a full round before drying off and going in to refill our drinks. While we were inside the house, I went to the bathroom in the suite Shawn and I were staying in. He followed me and attacked me with kisses after we'd both peed.

"Are you having fun, baby?" he asked as he held me against his damp body.

"I'm having a great time. Getting away with our friends was a really good idea."

"If I do buy a cabin like this, we could have mini-vacations several times a year."

I looked up at him, "Is it cost-efficient to own a place that would go unused most of the time? Why not rent one when needed?"

"The accountant in you is coming out," he said with a deep laugh. "You're right, though. It's probably best not to purchase a home that won't get lived in, but there might come a time that I'd want to spend months in a row in a house like this. The seclusion would be great for writing."