Chapter 25

"We're going to Vegas, bitches!" Briya squealed as we got in the limo outside of my apartment.

"Holy shit, there's champagne," Fallon said as she pointed to the bottle chilling next to her. "It's nine in the morning, but I kinda want to pop that baby open."

Shawn apparently spared no expense for our trip. I told him I'd drive to the airport but he insisted on a limo, and now he was spoiling us with champagne. He'd been really excited when I told him we'd be coming, and it made me happy that he wanted my friends there. The girls both said that this was a once in a lifetime experience, which made it worth making their bosses mad. Shawn suggested that we stay through Sunday even though he was heading back to California for his Oakland show early on Saturday morning, and we agreed to that plan.

Fallon opened the bottle of bubbly and poured us each a glass. "To rich boyfriends," she said as a toast.

"He's not my boyfriend," I reminded her for the hundredth time.

"This trip is costing him thousands of dollars. He wouldn't spend that much if you weren't something."

Briya giggled. "Can he introduce me to someone in the music business? I like this lifestyle."

We arrived at Pearson and checked our bags before going through security. By the time we got seated in first class, I was exhausted since traveling was always so draining. I figured I'd sleep on the plane, because I wanted to be full of energy later. I shivered when I thought about being alone with Shawn again.

"Wake up, Lucy," Briya whispered. "We're landing soon."

I yawned. "I can't believe I slept the whole flight."

"And you snored," Fallon commented. "They were soft little snores, though."

"You missed the drink service. We had mimosas!" Bri said excitedly.

The three of us walked through McCarran Airport on our way to the baggage claim area. "They even have slot machines here," I observed. "That's crazy."

"I'm setting a gambling limit for myself," Fallon said. "I'm not spending more than fifty dollars."

Briya nodded. "My limit is lower. I'd rather spend my money on food and drinks."

"Drinks are often free if you're gambling in the casino," Fallon told her.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"Drunk people gamble more, so it's clever on their part."

Once we had our bags, we found our driver who was holding up a sign with my last name on it. He took us the short distance to Paris, our hotel for the trip. We opted not to open the bottle of champagne this time. I texted Shawn that we'd made it after listening to a voicemail he'd left me, and he replied right away to let me know he was already at the T-Mobile Arena for the soundcheck. Our all-access VIP passes were in our rooms, so we could join him any time before the concert.

I gave the man behind the counter at Paris my name and he smiled broadly after he pulled up my info.

"You have one of our Burgundy rooms with a Tower view. Here are three room keys, and then this is for you, Ms. Atwood," he said as he handed me a separate envelope with another card. It had a room number written on it, which I suspected was Shawn's.

"Thank you." I took the key cards and rejoined the girls who were admiring the opulent lobby. Everything was gilded and the crystal chandeliers were spectacular.

We got in the elevator and took it to our floor. The room was lovely and as promised had a view of the faux Eiffel Tower. There was a gift basket full of wine and gourmet snacks on the desk along with a short note from Shawn saying to enjoy ourselves. Beside the basket were our VIP passes.