3x17 - Dance With Somebody

IT WAS A NEW WEEK and Quinn had just gotten her finger splint taken off so her fingers are now fully healed which means that we can go back to our fun activities

Anyways, she has also gotten the stitches on her cheek off. My wrist has also fully healed which means I don't need to wear the wrist splint anymore.

Quinn and I were now doodling in her notebook sitting in the choir room as we listened in on Rachel's and Mercedes's argument.

"It was written for Diana Ross," Mercedes tells her.

"No, Mercedes, you are wrong, okay? The Bodyguard was originally written for Barbra Streisand." Rachel informs Mercedes.

"Actually, Rachel, it was supposed to be Diana Ross and Steve McQueen, back in the '70s." Mr. Schue says walking in.

"Thank you, Mr. Schue." Mercedes comments.

"I've been doing some research to prepare for this week's lesson." Mr. Schue mentions as he goes to write Whitney on the board.

"Oh, my God, yes. It's about time we did a Whitney tribute!" Rachel says excitedly.

"Are we sure that's appropriate?" Sam asks.

"You did not just ask that." Bella responds.

"I just mean, didn't Whitney kind of have a lot of problems?" Sam asks.

"She had a hard life, Sam. And?" Bella tells him.

"Look, this week isn't about passing judgment on Whitney. It's about celebrating her legacy, honoring her memory, her accomplishments." Mr. Schue explains.

"Which I will happily list for you." Kurt comments.

"But I also want you guys to use her songs to get underneath your own feelings. To express and explore what's really going on with you." Mr. Schue adds.

"I don't get it, Mr. Schue. What's really going on with us?" Finn asks.

"Well, for most of you, these next few weeks will be your last here at McKinley. Lots of changes coming up, lots of...saying good-bye. To your friends, to your significant others, to the last four years of your life. For a young person, all that transition can be overwhelming. So it's easier to focus on other things. Like not being able to say good-bye to Whitney Houston." Mr. Schue tells us.

"What are you talking about?" Santana asks.

"Santana, it's okay. I get it. You're hanging on to Whitney because it's difficult to handle the upheaval in your own lives." Mr. Schue answers and we look at him confused.

"We're hanging on to Whitney because she was incredible and we love her, so don't put your baggage on us." Santana mentions.

"You guys, Mr. Schue's attempt to understand us, though misguided, doesn't matter. What matters is that I start rehearsing Whitney's version of The Star-Spangled Banner immediately. It is the Mount Everest of anthems." Rachel says.