1x10 - Ballads

IT WAS A NEW WEEK and Jesse had informed me that we had gotten a new coach for Vocal Adrenaline

I haven't always made it to rehearsals since I've been very busy with this Glee Club and being on the Cheerios. So, Jesse has been informing me about everything that's been going on in there like I do with this Glee Club.

Anyways, we were all in the choir room, I was sitting in between Brittany and Mike and he had his arm around me. We sat there as we watched Mr. Schue write ballad on the board.

"Ballad. From Middle English balade. Who knows what this word means?" Mr. Schue asks.

"It's a male duck." Brittany responds.

"Kurt." Mr. Schue calls.

"A ballad is a love song." Kurt says.

"Sometimes, but they don't always express love. Ballads are stories set to music...which is why they're the perfect storm of self-expression. Stories and music are the way we express feelings that we can't get out any other way. Okay, now sectionals are in a few weeks. And there's a new rule this year. We have to perform... a ballad." Mr. Schue informs us.

"Looks like my weekly letter to the Ohio Show Choir Committee finally paid off." Rachel mentions.

"Calm down sweetie, you're being a bit too loud." I sarcastically say and she just rolls her eyes while I laugh.

"Okay, so here's our assignment for the week. I'm gonna pair you off, and I want you to pick a ballad to sing to your partner. Look them right in the eye...find the emotion you want to express, and make them feel it." Mr. Schue adds.

"I pick Quinn." Finn says.

"No, no, no, no, no. Too easy. Your partners will be chosen by fate." Mr. Schue says.

"Oooh."

"Yeah. I put all your names in this hat. Whoever you choose is your partner." Mr. Schue adds.

"I bet that duck's in the hat." Brittany comments and I nod.

"But there's an odd amount of us." Santana mentions.

"I guess I'll just have to put my name in the hat for now. Who's up first?" Mr. Schue asks.

Puck gets up and goes to pick a name, "Mercedes." He reads.

"All right." Mr. Schue says.

"Matt." Artie reads.

"Kurt. Mr. Schue, I don't know if I can do this with another guy." Finn mentions.

"The Fates have spoken, Finn." Mr. Schue reminds him.

"Other Asian." Tina reads.

"Brittany." Santana reads.

It's then my turn to go up and I pull out a paper from the hat.

"Quinn." I read and she smiles.