1x02 - Showmance

"SO YOU'RE TELLING ME you think they're pretty good?" Jesse asks in a sarcastic tone and I nod my head

"What happened to the They're not gonna be as good as us?" He asks in a mocking tone.

"I never said they were as good as us. They are lacking a lot of dancing and members." I tell him.

"Whatever, I think you should go for round two." He suggests and I nod my head no.

"Oh no, I'm good. I think one time is enough." I say.

"That's not what you said to Quinn last night. You guys were at it for hours." He reminds me and I choke on my water.

"Don't ever bring that up again," I warn and he smirks.

"Fine. I won't bring it up unless you go a couple more times to spy on them." He suggests.

"Oh, so, now you want me to spy on them?" I ask.

"You know what I mean."

"Fine, but you leave mine and Quinns business alone," I mention and he laughs.

~~~~~~~

It was the next day and I was back to my spying. Jesse has been making up excuses for me on why I haven't been there for the last few rehearsals.

I head to the auditorium and see nobody there so I decided to look around to see where rehearsals are being held.

After a few minutes of wandering around, I heard music coming from one of the classrooms so I decided to go and follow it.

Freak out!
Le freak, c'est chic

I find the room where the same kids I saw last time are in. It looks like there practicing. I stand there and watch them for a few minutes until one girl starts yelling.

"Woah, Woah. Hell to the naw!" She exclaimed.

The whole club starts having a disagreement and I zone out until I hear the teacher say something that catches my attention.

"...we're doing this song this Friday at the pep assembly." The teacher says.

I figured I could go maybe even try to force Jesse to come with me. We both can fit in maybe shave his head or-

"Excuse me, don't you have somewhere to be?" I look back to see a ginger-haired teacher standing there.

"Uh...pretend I was never here." I respond before running off.

~~~~~~~

Jesse and I had just finished rehearsals and we were now heading home. That's when I decided to ask him to go with me to see McKinley's pep assembly.

"Do you want to-"

"No."

"I didn't even get to finish." I mention

"If you're gonna ask me to go get Taco Bell then no. We're on a strict diet remember?" My brother mentions and I roll my eyes.

"No, not that. I was wondering if you wanted to go to McKinley's pep assembly with me?" I ask.

"I already told you, if I went people would recognize me, and then I'll get in trouble." He responds.

"We can like give you a disguise..." I mention.

"Hell no. I'm not gonna put on some weird-ass clothes." He says.

"Fine, whatever." I comment rolling my eyes.

"Speaking off has anyone seen you or suspected something?" He asks.

"Yes, actually. This one ginger-haired teacher. She caught me looking in the choir room but I took off before she could say anything else." I respond and his eyes widen.

"Omg. I made it very clear not to get caught." He reminds me now upset.

"Don't worry, I don't think she'll remember me. I was wearing sunglasses and a hoodie." I mention.

"Whatever. I'm gonna need to think of another plan that won't get you in trouble." He says.

~~~~~~~

It was the day of the pep assembly and I was sitting in the gym with everyone else. I blended in so no one really suspect a thing.

"Silence children. Silence. First, an announcement. The toilets are broken again. We are fixing the problem, but let me warn you. There will be zero tolerance for anyone soiling school grounds. We're not going to have a repeat of last time." The principal announces.

Wow, this school is very weird. I guess this is how public schools are like.

"We have a treat for you guys today. Mr. Schuester." The principal adds.

The glee club instructor then walks up to the microphone.

"Yay, Glee! Glee kids, hooray!" The ginger-haired teacher cheered.

"Hi. Uh, when I went to school here, Glee Club ruled this place. And we're on our way back. But we need some recruits to join the party. Now, I could tell you all about how great Glee is, but, uh, I think I'm going to let some friends of mine show you instead." Mr. Schuester explains.

The lights turn off and the curtains open to reveal the glee club wearing blue clothes. I get my camera ready so I can show Jesse later.

*Push It - Sung by the Glee Club*

Everyone sat there for a moment in silence until they all stood up and started cheering. I sat there thinking of why I agreed to do this.