54. Thanks For Being Mine

As they predicted, the news about the CEO of the GL Entertainment and its new actor spread quickly. Some people were highly supportive while some cursed them. Some blamed the actor for seducing his CEO to get a role while some blamed the CEO for bedding an innocent man, using the role as bait.

At first, the CEO didn't take any actions towards the malicious comments, but when a group barged into the set and threw eggs on Yu Hua, things changed.

That afternoon, Hu Jing Yao arranged a press conference and declared that he was the first to fall for the actor and did everything to win him over. He also stated that Yu Hua really deserved the role and urged the audience to watch his drama to judge by themselves. Still, no matter how recollected and understanding the CEO seemed, he finished his words by saying GL's legal team was ready to sue anyone who dared to comment badly about Yu Hua or tried to attack him again.

Maybe the CEO touched people's hearts or maybe they just got scared by being sued by the top entertainment company, I am not sure, but it worked as the pestering stopped for a while.

"I told you it was a good idea," Hu Jing Yao said as his hands leisurely caressed his lover's soft locks in their bed.

"Hmm," Yu Hua murmured, soft touches on his head lulling him into a sleep, "but you didn't have to, I know the company suffered a loss because of your press conference."

"It is normal after shocking news, it will be back to normal soon."

Yu Hua tilted his head up to see the CEO's face, "you are trying to ease my mind."

Using the opportunity, Hu Jing Yao leaned down and stole a kiss, "just trust me, it made me more agitated when I saw you covered in eggs... though you would be a delicious omelette!"

Yu Hua slapped his arm, but chuckled anyway. His lover surely knew how to ease the dark clouds in his head.

"Sleep now, isn't tomorrow the last day of the shooting?"

Yu Hua nodded as he pulled his lover's arm around his waist, "I still can't believe it."

"You worked hard, Actor Yu," Hu Jing Yao complimented Yu Hua and pulled him closer, "good night."

"Stop poking me from behind! How can I sleep like this?!"

"Hahahahaha, sorry!"

3 Months Later

Yu Hua was sitting comfortably on a sofa, looking dashing in his dark green two-piece suit. He smiled beautifully as the reporter praised his drama, Roses and Thorns, which was a hit right after its release.

"How do you feel about the sudden fame knocking at your door?"

"What do you think about the success of the drama?"

"How do you feel about your co-actors?"

"Will you stay in GL Entertainment?"

Yu Hua answered all the questions respectfully with a never-ceasing smile, but when the topic shifted to his relationship with Hu Jing Yao, he felt nervous.

"As you might know, Mr. Hu's press conference dropped like a bomb. Many people believed it was a part of the PR campaign, but you two were actually dating, right?"

"We are still dating," Yu Hua corrected the reporter, and she feigned a cough to hide her embarrassment.

After recovering from the abashment, she continued with a smile, "I am sure the people watching us are wondering what kind of a lover Mr. Hu is. I am sure you heard the gossips about him being extremely cold, greedy and only success-driven. What do you think, knowing him first-hand?"

Yu Hua took a deep breath, trying to mitigate his anger. If it was about him, he would just laugh it off, but when his lover was the target, he had difficulty to remain calm.

They don't know him, that's why, he reasoned her rudeness and forced a smile, "he looks cold, but if you get to know him, you will see how caring and nice he is. Secondly, he is not greedy, he is just success-oriented like every successful businessman."

"Really?" the reporter asked with a disbelieving tone, "then he is sure to do good deeds too, right?"

Yu Hua sighed, irritated, maybe it was a bad idea to accept the interview.

"No?" she pressed, encouraged by the actor's silence.

"GL has its own funds to help people in need," he said, but seeing the triumphant expression on the reporter's face, he reluctantly added, "Hu Jing Yao also donates personally to the Children's Hospital every month."

Here goes my anniversary gift, damn...

"Oh really?" she asked, her smirk already disappeared, "that's so nice."

...

After the interview, Yu Hua rushed to the company to prevent his lover from watching the interview, hoping his meeting was at the same time as the live interview.

"Hey!" the actor barged into the room, cracking a nervous smile.

"Hey," Hu Jing Yao answered and put his tablet on the table. Not breaking eye contact, he stood up from his chair and walked to the sofa.

Yu Hua followed his suit and took the other end of the sofa, fidgeting uncontrollably.

"Why so fidgety?" the CEO asked with his furrowed eyebrows.

"Did you watch my interview?" Yu Hua asked with a low voice, rather than answering.

The CEO nodded slowly, "every second of it. So, will you tell me about the donation that I have no idea of?"

With the confirmation, Yu Hua's shoulders stooped, "it was supposed to be my anniversary gift."

Hu Jing Yao was taken aback. He moved closer to his sad lover and held his smaller hands, "just tell me, then I will forget about it until our anniversary," he said with an encouraging smile.

As it was already ruined, there was no need to hide it. Therefore, Yu Hua spilled all the beans, "do you remember my debt to you?"

Hu Jing Yao flinched for a second, but he schooled his expression, "what about it?"

"Well, being a wonderful man, you didn't let me pay it back, so I wanted to do something nice with it on your behalf. I want to help people in need, just like you help me all the time."

"So you donate to the Children's Hospital every month under my name?" Hu Jing Yao asked with astonishment as he never felt that much cherished in his entire life. Seriously, what did he do to deserve such an angel? His lover was surely beyond this world.

Yu Hua nodded shyly with a soft smile, "I wanted to surprise you with the letters of the children who received treatment thanks to you, but it's ruined now."

"It is good that I learned about it now because I am angry."

"W-Why?" Yu Hua asked with shock, his eyes wide open.

"Because you should have made the donations under OUR names, not only mine. Aren't we a couple, let alone the kindness belongs to you?"

With a beautiful smile, Yu Hua threw himself on his lover, hugging him as tight as he could, "Mr. Hu, you are so cool, thanks for being mine."

"Forever, my little kind flower, and maybe a little longer."

***

With this, I have only the epilogue left^^

I hope you liked the chapter and stick around for the epilogue.

Don't forget to vote and comment ^^