36. Fear, Fear and Fear

"You should forget about the evil CEO," Ming Lei said with a hard expression. His friend was suffering for almost two weeks because of that selfish CEO, thinking he wasn't good at anything; and therefore, Ming Lei was only an inch away from raiding GL Entertainment.

"I wasn't thinking about him." Well, not at the moment.

"Really?"

"Yes, I was thinking about my father," Yu Hua confirmed after getting rid of an empty box.

Ming Lei heaved an annoyed sigh, "what did he do this time?" Seriously, could the universe show some pity for his friend? As everything was against his best friend, he couldn't even share happy news about his dating with Jing Yong.

"He doesn't come home for a while," Yu Hua replied matter of factly as he started to empty the second box of biscuits.

"Probably he is just avoiding you because you finally came to your senses," Ming Lei said without a tiny bit of remorse.

"I don-"

Yu Hua couldn't finish his words as some people started to scream at each other outside. Ming Lei rushed to Yu Hua's side and pulled him away from the huge glass windows.

"Shall we lock the door?" the small man asked, seeing the probably drunk men got physical while others started to get involved in the fight.

"Yeah, do it, I will call the police in case," Yu Hua said as he took out his phone with his eyes still on the fight outside the 7/11. As LaoDao street was notorious, fights weren't unusual, but it was best to call the police before someone got seriously injured.

"Did you call the police?" Ming Lei asked as he walked towards Yu Hua again, but seeing a dark shadow approaching, the latter pushed the former back and a loud crash was heard...

"NOOOO!!!!"

***

"Don't you have an office?"

"Come on, ge! Why so moody? I am accompanying you at midnight! You should be grateful," Hu Lei teased his brother after making himself comfortable on the leather sofa in his brother's office. He grabbed the remote control and turned on the TV.

"Volume down," Hu Jing Yao commanded, showing the file in his hand.

Hu Lei made an okay sign, but he didn't do so. He randomly changed the channels until he dropped the remote to answer a message.

.... LaoDao street. In the middle of the buzzing street, a big fight took place. The authorities state that ten people got injured and as you can see the stores on the street were damaged as well...

Hu Jing Yao watched in horror as the cameraman showed around for the audience. The CEO hoped Yu Hua was safe, but his hope shattered into pieces when he saw a bicycle lying on the broken glass inside the very 7/11 store Yu Hua was working. Without taking his eyes off the screen, he grabbed his phone and called Yu Hua.

He waited and waited with a growing anxiety in his heart, but there was no answer...

"I have to go," Hu Jing Yao grabbed his coat and stood in front of his brother with an open palm, "give me your motorbike key."

"Why?" Hu Lei gave him a suspicious look.

"JUST GIVE IT TO ME!" Hu Jing Yao shouted and as it was an unusual happening, Hu Lei gave him the key immediately. He also wanted to ask if his brother would like him to drive, but he was already gone with the wind.

Fear, fear and fear.

Those were the only feelings Hu Jing Yao experienced as he rushed through the empty road toward LaoDao street.

When he finally reached his destination, more than six policemen were still present on the street, two of whom were in front of the damaged 7/11 store. He hung the helmet on the steering wheel and approached one of the policemen, asking about the 7/11 workers. Luckily, they were okay and still inside the store.

After thanking the policeman, the anxious man walked fast to the store, trying to ignore the bicycle still lying on the floor.

"You can't enter, sir," another policeman blocked his path.

"Look, I know the employee, Yu Hua," Hu Jing Yao said with a serious tone, "I need to check on him."

Maybe the worry he was feeling was reflected on his face because after exchanging a glance with the other policeman, he let him go inside.

Grateful, Hu Jing Yao barged into the store and looked through the aisles frantically, but no one was there. Then his brain kindly reminded him of the staff room, so the worried man rushed behind the cashier to the closed door. He knocked it two times and after a hundred years, Yu Hua was seen with a tired expression.

Forgetting about his cold attitude, Hu Jing Yao grabbed his arms and asked "are you okay?"

Not expecting to see the CEO there, Yu Hua looked at the CEO with his eyebrows arched, then asked "what are you doing here, Mr. Hu?"

The coldness in his tone was too apparent to be missed, so Hu Jing Yao took his hands off the actor. Stuffing his hands into his pockets, he said "I saw the news, so I wanted to be sure you were okay."

"Just stop it, will you?"