17. Returning The Favour

"Raise your chin a bit, Yu Hua."

"Lower your elbow, Na Na."

Absent-mindedly, Yu Hua did everything the cameraman told him and they managed to finish the first poster shooting without a problem.

Being professionals, Dan Li, Na Na and Lu Mei were highly cooperative during the shooting, but as soon as it finished, the coldness in their eyes returned and they left without uttering a word neither to Yu Hua nor to Jing Yong.

"They hate me, right?" Jing Yong asked Yu Hua as they stayed alone in the changing room.

"Probably," Yu Hua nodded, "but don't worry, they hate me too."

Jing Yong chuckled, "you are so funny, ge," he said, pushing his long black bangs off his forehead.

Being a born-pessimistic, Yu Hua didn't understand why he was funny, but he didn't have any energy left to ask. His mind was already full of the ambiguous CEO. When he didn't care about Sun Ming hurting him, Yu Hua was somehow disappointed. Then, he called a doctor for him and even tucked him in the bed, making Yu Hua feel cared for. As a cherry on the top, he kicked Sun Ming out of the drama. At first, Yu Hua thought he did that for his sake, but then the CEO brought Jing Yong and did that marvellous talk about safe environment and fairness... Now, Yu Hua was confused again. Maybe the CEO was just generally caring and responsible... maybe it had nothing to do with him.

The revelation left a bitter taste in his heart, but he recollected himself rather quickly. Real life wasn't a fairytale and luck wouldn't favour Yu Hua twice.

"See you later, ge," Jing Yong brought Yu Hua out of his reverie.

"See you," Yu Hua smiled at the younger and finished changing his clothes. All he wanted to do was sleep before his shift at 7/11.

However, Hu Jing Yao had other plans.

Before Yu Hua could leave the company, the receptionist stopped him and told him to see the CEO. Cursing his luck, Yu Hua dragged his feet to the elevator. He knocked the door, hoping the CEO was out of the room, but his alpha voice was heard behind the closed door, calling him in.

"Mr. Hu, you called me?" he asked very politely, standing not so far from the door.

"Sit," Hu Jing Yao gestured at the leather sofa across from him as he continued to rub his temples. The whole morning ordeal put a strain on his nerves and now he was having a terrible headache.

"Are you okay?" Yu Hua asked concernedly as he sat across from the CEO.

Hu Jing Yao ignored his question and stood up. Slowly he took off his dark green jacket, his eyes on the actor.

"W-Why are you taking it off?" Yu Hua asked, panic lacing with his words as he fidgeted on his seat.

"Although it wasn't in our deal, I granted you such a big favour," the CEO said, taking a step towards the actor, "don't you know how to say thank you?"

"T-Thank you so much, Mr. Hu," Yu Hua bowed his head, hoping it would suffice. They were in his office for God sake!

Hu Jing Yao chuckled at his flustered behaviour, such an innocent soul! Leaning forward towards his shoulder, he asked "is that all?"

Yu Hua gave him a sidelong glance, not knowing how to respond.

Enjoying fully, Hu Jing Yao straightened up a bit and reached his open palm to the actor.

Should he hold his hand? No way he was asking for it, right? Then?

Yu Hua gave the CEO a questioning look and the latter smirked, "the ointment."

"Aaa," Yu Hua hummed as he fished out the small bottle from his coat's pocket quickly and handed it to him. So, the CEO wanted the ointment for his headache. Jeez, such a tease he was!

"Take your clothes and lie down."

"WHAT?!"

"Thinking something naughty again?" the CEO mocked the younger one, "I will just apply the ointment on your back."

Damn it! Yu Hua gave himself a mental slap as he couldn't slap the CEO. He did it again, he was intentionally mocking him, then he was acting as if he was innocent!

Glaring at the dangerous man, Yu Hua coldly said, "I am okay, Mr. Hu, no need for the ointment."

"Really?" Hu Jing Yao raised his eyebrows and nodded with a smirk. Then he opened his fingers and let the bottle fall from his grip.

Instinctively, Yu Hua darted forward and caught the bottle midair, but the action caused a stab-like pain in his back. Hissing, he sat back, holding his back.

"It doesn't look like it healed," the CEO commented triumphantly and snatched the bottle back, "lie down."

Defeated, Yu Hua lied on the sofa and pulled his pullover a bit up to reveal the injured area.

Trying not to ogle the defenceless man, Hu Jing Yao poured a sufficient amount of the cold liquid and warmed it in between his palms, then he started to massage the bruised area just like the doctor taught him.

Under his careful touches, Yu Hua felt very conscious and did his best not to let a whimper... or a moan...

"Don't dare to sleep here."

Puf! Hu Jing Yao ruined the atmosphere!

"It is done, get up," Hu Jing Yao cleaned his hands with his handkerchief and sat back on his previous seat. In an attempt to hide his lustful eyes, he closed them and rested his head on the back of the sofa.

Looking at the resting man, Yu Hua couldn't decide what to do next. He oscillated between leaving the room fast after mumbling a thanks and helping the man the same way he helped him.

As if feeling his dilemma, Hu Jing Yao started to rub his temples again and Yu Hua took that as a sign. With soundless steps, he walked behind the CEO with the ointment bottle in his hand. Like the other one did, he poured a bit into his palm and warmed it up. Then he gently pushed Hu Jing Yao's hands off his temples, replacing them with his own.

"What are you doing?" the CEO asked, his eyes looking up to the man behind him with shock.

"Returning the favour," Yu Hua replied softly, massaging his temples with pure focus.

"Hmm," Hu Jing Yao mumbled, feeling good. He couldn't decide if it was because of the massage or because of the actor's care and hands, so he stopped thinking about the reason.

Being content not to receive any mocking remark from the CEO, Yu Hua continued his massage until his fingers were tired. He was happy to have a use, even if it was a small gesture. Still, that small gesture caused a tornado in his heart as the handsome face of the CEO was too close to his. Damn, his proportional features and thin lips were too mesmerising...

"Do you feel better?" he asked softly as he retracted his hands.

Hu Jing Yao almost whined because of the loss of contact. Opening his eyes again, he said "thank you, much better."

He should be really sick, Yu Hua thought as the CEO he knew would never answer that politely without any sarcasm. Flustered by the genuine thanks, he said "I have to go now, thank you for today" and rushed to the door after collecting his stuff.

Luckily the CEO didn't stop him and Yu Hua managed to run away for his dear heart.