49. Tardy Revelations

"Where is Yu Hua?!" Hu Jing Yao roared as soon as he barged into the living room.

"Good afternoon to you too," Mr. Hu answered as he folded the newspaper he was reading.

"Stop it, father," Hu Jing Yao said, ice-cold, "tell me what you did to Yu Hua."

"As usual, I gave him the check and he left happily."

"No, that's not true," the agitated man shook his head vehemently.

"Don't you believe me?" Mr. Hu asked with a daring expression.

"No," Hu Jing Yao repeated firmly, "he is not that type of a man."

"This is the first time you rushed here to save your hired partner after Li Na, and you even believe in his loyalty. You fell for him, ha?"

The young man froze. Was it what he felt? Was he really head-over-heels for the actor? Well, it made sense as he didn't go to that extreme for anyone after Li Na. Yu Hua was the first thing he thought in the morning and the last thing at night. He was dying to make him laugh and feel secure. Why? CAUSE HE LOVED HIM!

The revelation made his legs weak. Unwittingly, he walked towards the armchair which Yu Hua took earlier and slumped on it tiredly. After ruminating for a few minutes, he said "please leave him alone. He already has a tough life and doesn't need you to breathe down his neck."

"So you are willing to give up on him?"

"If it means you will leave him alone, then yes," Hu Jing Yao nodded gloomily, his heart bleeding for the love he found too late and lost too early.

"He didn't take the check, you were right, but he brought me oranges," Mr. Hu said with a slight smile, "he also gave me a good reprimanding for making you disappointed."

The CEO raised his head to look his father in the eye, "really?"

"Yes," his father nodded, "he is different from the other miserable who wanted to exploit you fully, including that vile Li Na."

Hu Jing Yao could only frown as he didn't understand why his father suddenly started to praise Yu Hua.

As if understanding his silent inquiry, Mr. Hu let out a soft chuckle, "don't look at me like that, I am not an evil father to make my dear son sad. I did what I did to show you that Li Na girl was not sincere, that she only wanted your money and future title. You did everything she wanted, even a vacation in France, but in the end, I was right. She chose the check over you immediately!"

"W-Why didn't you explain it like this before?"

Mr. Hu heaved a sigh, "I tried, but you didn't believe me. By that time, you were so blinded by that girl and blamed me fully. You even moved out and started this hired-partner game."

Hu Jing Yao lowered his head, feeling guilty as well as childish all of a sudden.

Seeing his adorable reaction, Mr. Hu chuckled a bit, "it is okay, your game made you find a good one, so it was worth it I guess."

"So, you are fine with Yu Hua?" the shocked man asked with suspicion.

"Actually, I am," the old man nodded, "he is a man, but who cares?! At least he is better than those money hunters." Indeed, Mr. Hu already knew a lot about Yu Hua.

Hu Jing Yao darted up and enveloped his father into a tight hug, "thank you," he whispered with gratitude.

"You are welcome," his father patted his back lovingly, being glad to get his son back.

When they broke the hug, Hu Jing Yao's smiling face was a bit brooding. He rubbed his temples and said "I don't know about Yu Hua's feelings about me though."

"What do you mean?" Mr. Hu asked, his hand on his son's leg, "it is obvious he loves you too."

"Is it? But then why doesn't he answer my call? What if he is angry?"

Mr. Hu cleaned his throat, feeling a bit guilty, "he is actually... still here."

"What?"

"He is resting upstairs in your old room."

"WHAT?!" Hu Jing Yao jumped on his feet with worry, "is he okay?"

"Yes yes," his father reassured him, "Dr. Chen examined him already."

"Oh my," the still panicked man rushed upstairs while his brother came out from where he was hiding with a content smile.

"My brother is off the market I guess," Hu Bei said with a smirk and sat near his father.

"Yes, finally he found a good one," Mr. Hu said with relief.

Hu Bei leaned on his father's shoulder, "as you both are happy, I hope you can spare your scolding and help me get rid of Marie."

"You!"

A hit to the head.

"OUUCH!"

***

Hi darlings! I leave you this note to inform you that I will be out of the town for two days, so the next update will be on Wednesday. Don't worry, I will make it to you^^ I hope you liked this chapter *whispers* if you liked it, please press that cute little star* and see you on Wednesday, lav ya 🌺🌺🌺