43. Proud of You

"A' Hua, uncle left your house with his luggage, he said he is leaving!" Ming Lei shouted as he paced back and forward in front of Yu Hua's house, not minding the birthday cake he was carrying. Luckily, Jing Yong was still sensible, so he saved the cake from his boyfriend's hand.

At the other end, Yu Hua pinched his nose bridge and asked "can you calm down a bit and tell it from the beginning?"

Ming Lei took a deep breath, "we came to make a birthday surprise for you, but found uncle instead. He said he is leaving the town! He had luggage and said he will pay his debt before he leaves!"

Finding it suspicious, Yu Hua turned around to look at the CEO, who was also on the phone. Could he...?

"Yu Hua! Are you there?!"

"Yes yes," Yu Hua answered absent-mindedly.

"Was it too shocking? I am sorry for blurting that out," Ming Lei apologised as he looked at Jing Yong's face for his reaction. However, the younger man just shook his head and smiled at him reassuringly.

"No, it is okay," Yu Hua shared Jing Yong's opinion, "actually I might be relieved."

"Dear, you are missing an important part," Ming Lei's hand clenched on the phone, "there is no way uncle has money to pay his debt, I think he is just running away!"

"Well, he has money. It is complicated, but I will tell you everything later," Yu Hua said tiredly as he rubbed his aching temple, "I need to go now."

"Wait!" Ming Lei stopped him, "where are you? Are you okay? Do you want us to pick you up?"

Yu Hua smiled fondly, "I am with Mr. Hu, I will come back in the evening."

"Oh... okay, take care."

"You two too, and don't eat my cake without me," Yu Hua said jokingly to make Ming Lei calm down and hung up the phone.

"So, what happened?" Hu Jing Yao asked, standing a few steps away from the actor.

"My father left home," Yu Hua said as he fixed an inquiring gaze on the CEO's eyes, "Mr. Hu, you gave my father extra money, right?"

Hu Jing Yao couldn't decide how to respond. Yu Hua's gaze was telling him that the actor already knew, so it would be meaningless to deny it. Scratching his nape, he confessed "I gave him a little more, did your friend tell you about it?"

Yu Hua heaved a loud sigh, "no, I just knew it," he said and let out a bitter chuckle, "he just left so that he wouldn't have to share that money with me."

"Oh," the CEO felt bad as well as good. Come on, it was better if that shameless man wasn't around his angel, right?

Yu Hua shrugged, "I just hope he paid his debt at least."

"He did," Hu Jing Yao blurted out and gained a frown from the actor. Clicking his tongue with self-reproach, he spilled all the beans with a very mild wording, "I sent my man with him after he cashed the check. My man informed me that the debt got cleared."

The actor could only gape and shed invisible tears for the CEO's thoughtfulness. Too bad that this amazing man didn't love him... Yu Hua barely managed not to throw himself on the CEO.

Unaware of Yu Hua's painful thoughts, Hu Jing Yao mistook his silence for anger, if not disappointment. Feigning a cough, he said "I-"

"Thank you."

"Ha?" That was unexpected. Was he thanking him for forcing his father to pay his debt? Well, he didn't know he forced him, but still...

Forcing a smile, Yu Hua repeated, "thank you, somehow I always get indebted to you, Mr. Hu."

Hu Jing Yao shook his hand, meaning it was okay, "as I told you before, you are my lucky charm in the drama, so I will do my best to help you."

"Oh, still..." Was it disappointment what he felt?

"So," Hu Jing Yao started again, seeing that Yu Hua didn't intend to say more, "are we still going or you want to stay in?"

Yu Hua raised his head swiftly, "I want to go," he declared boldly, "Mr. Hu, you got me to want to celebrate my birthday for the first time after so long, so, I don't want to sit in and cry over spilled milk."

Hu Jing Yao was proud of the actor. With a sudden move, he patted Yu Hua's fluffy hair and pressed a light grey fabric coat on his chest before walking out with a black coat in his hand.

Getting the signal, Yu Hua grabbed his worn-out backpack and followed the CEO to the underground parking lot.

As the CEO's BMW left the garage, Yu Hua squeezed his backpack and made a promise to himself.

I will enjoy the day as much as I can... no matter what...