lxviii. the fulfillment of the prophecies

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort grinned at all of them, stopping at Deanna who was staring back at him with anger raging in her eyes. Oh, she couldn't loathe him no matter how hard she tried, but she had great disdain for him and all the suffering he brought to them...

"NO! NO!" Noah started sobbing again and he started to run to Harry, but Neville and Seamus held him back. He was not the only one sobbing though. Hagrid was crying as he carried Harry, and all wizards on their side were crying and shouting as well. Ron and Hermione who knew what was going to happen were also yelling for their friend. Harry who had always been brave and fought for them even at the risk of his life... he was now dead. He sacrificed himself to save them.

At least that was what they thought. Harry was just making himself seem dead so that he could have the perfect opportunity to kill Nagini and end Voldemort and regrettably, Deanna too, once and for all. His heart was breaking with every cry from Noah and his friends. He wanted to call out to them and tell his Knight he was fine and good, but he couldn't... Not yet.

"SILENCE!" Voldemort cast a spell that boomed and made all of them stop. Neville and Seamus pulled Noah back to where their friends were. Voldemort looked at every wizard there who glared at him through their tears. Even Pansy, Theo, Blaise and Daphne were standing there, making their choice to fight against him. They've had enough of him, the Death Eaters and their parents.

"Stupid boy." Voldemort continued speaking while walking closer to the grieving wizards. "He was killed as he ran away, trying to save himself while you lay down your lives for him. We bring you his body as proof that your hero is gone. The battle is won. You have lost half of your fighters. My Death Eaters outnumber you, and the Boy Who Lived is finished."

"And you, Deanna Dumbledore..." Voldemort stared warmly at Deanna who kept her face expressionless although the look in her eyes was cold. "Come with me and save yourself. It's not yet too late. So many lives have already been sacrificed for you. Shouldn't you stop now?"

Deanna felt Hermione grasp her hand and Ron move closer towards her. Minerva, Pomona, the rest of Dumbledore's Army and the Order of the Phoenix stepped closer, not having any intention of giving Deanna up.

"I'm sorry." Deanna said in a soft voice. She felt guilty for the lives they've lost, but she wouldn't want to give herself up. She wouldn't want their deaths to be in vain. "But stopping is not an option for me."

Voldemort's eyes hardened, his heart hurt at Deanna's rejection of being safe and secure with him, before he looked towards the Death Eaters. "Harry Potter is dead!"