iii. the descendants

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Deanna." Dumbledore whispered before running to hug his daughter tight. Hermione sent Deanna one last smile before she went out of the room to give the father and daughter their privacy. The two Dumbledores sobbed their hearts out, reuniting after fifty years. Deanna, who Dumbledore thought to be dead, was finally back, and she wouldn't leave again, and Dumbledore, who missed Deanna so, would never let go of his little girl. Never again.

Deanna pulled away slightly and wiped away her father's tears. "You have grown old, Pops. That is one fine beard, I'd say it would rival Merlin's."

Dumbledore chuckled lightly and kissed the top of Deanna's head. "Thank Merlin you're back. I thought I lost you forever, my little phoenix."

"I'm back, Pops. I told you, I'm not going anywhere." Deanna said while hugging her father again. Suddenly, she remembered something and her eyes widened. "Pops, we have to go!"

"Where?" said Dumbledore, alarmed.

Deanna got to her feet and ran out the door with Dumbledore chasing after her. "Deanna, wait! Where are you going?"

Deanna had arrived at the Ground Floor where the people inside the Dining Room were watching the scene. She whipped around to face her father. "Myrtle. Myrtle is dead, Pops. We need to help her. Tom-"

"Myrtle is fine, Deanna," said Dumbledore gently. "She's still at Hogwarts."

"No, Pops, you don't understand," said Deanna, tears coming into her eyes. "Tom killed her. With a huge snake. A Basilisk!"

"Come here, dear," said Molly, coming out of the dining room and wrapping an arm around the distraught Deanna. "We will all explain."

Deanna's eyes widened. "Lucretia? When did you dye your hair to red?"

Molly's eyes turned sad. "I'm not Lucretia, dear."

Deanna was about to say something when Dumbledore said gently. "Listen to us, Deanna. We'll explain."

Deanna nodded shakily and went into the dining room with the support of Molly and Dumbledore. She looked around at the people watching her. "I-Ignatius, Thaddeus, Magnus, Elladora..."

"This is Sirius Black, these are Fred and George Weasley, Ginny Weasley, Ron Weasley, Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and I'm Molly Weasley."

Deanna thought they were her old friends and she wanted to ask why they were all so different, but she remembered that there was a matter of greater concern and looked at Dumbledore. "Where's Myrtle, Pops? Did you find her? Did you catch Tom?"