ii. his little phoenix

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Everybody was surprised that Dumbledore knew who the girl was and his reaction at seeing her. It was as if he was pained at seeing her. Dumbledore raised his wand at the girl, his hand shaking. "Rennervate."

A red light hit the girl, and her eyes fluttered open to reveal light blue orbs filled with exhaustion, and Deanna looked around in confusion before her eyes finally rested on Dumbledore. Blue eyes met blue eyes, and Deanna's eyes filled with tears while the tears that pooled in Dumbledore's eyes started falling down his face.

Looking down, Dumbledore wiped away his tears with the back of his hand and shook his head. "No, it can't be... You-You're dead, you have been for the past 50 years..."

"It's me, Pops," Deanna croaked out. "It's me, Deanna."

Dumbledore lifted his head and saw a small grin on her face. Deanna sighed and coughed, feeling all the pain she had been holding in for the past few weeks. "D-Don't you believe me, Pops? E-even when I say you still haven't taken me on a ride on Fawkes? O-Or that I really love purple socks with the cookies and milk on it?"

That was when Dumbledore knew. It was truly his little girl, and he immediately pulled her into a tight hug, not intending to let go. "It really is you, Deanna," Dumbledore sobbed, "I-I thought I lost you."

"I'm not going anywhere, Pops," whispered Deanna, her head spinning and her eyesight blurring. "Not anymore."

With those words, she fell limp in Dumbledore's arms. Dumbledore's eyes widened and he started tapping Deanna's cheek lightly. "Deanna, my little phoenix? Deanna! Stay with me."

Molly tried pulling Dumbledore back, but he stayed where he was, hugging Deanna tight while crying his heart out. "Let us take care of her, Albus." Molly said gently. "We have to heal her injuries."

That seemed to bring Dumbledore back to reality, and he nodded shakily before letting go of Deanna and moving beside Molly. He wiped his tears and pointed his wand at Deanna's bruises and cuts.

"Vulnera Sanentur," said Dumbledore in a songlike voice. Tonks knelt beside him and started doing the same.

While he did that, Molly turned to Remus. "Remus, we need some Dittany. There's some back at the Burrow."

"Right," Remus said and swiftly swept out of the room. Molly turned around and started helping Dumbledore and Tonks.

"What can we do, Molly?" Sirius said. Molly and Tonks let out gasps, and Dumbledore's lip started wavering again. They had just taken off Deanna's top and saw nasty purple welts scattered around her body.