xxxiii. the slug club party

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"You know he misses you, Dee. And you miss him too," said Pomona to her best friend as they sat down with Minerva. "He asks us about you."

It had been a few weeks since her fight with Dumbledore and she did everything to avoid and ignore her father as much as she could. Maybe it was her pride, but all she wanted was an answer. Her father knew more than anyone how she hated the fact that he kept secrets from her, especially when those secrets were about her, and when he finally agrees to tell her the truth, she will talk to him then.

"I want to know the truth, Pomona." Deanna sighed and fiddled with her phoenix pendant. Then, she raised her eyebrow at them. "Do you know what it is? The secret he's been keeping?"

Pomona and Minerva looked at each other before shaking their heads. Minerva reached out and squeezed Deanna's hand. "If we knew, we would have already told you, Dee. Just... take all the time you need and when you're ready, why don't you have a talk with him? Calmly."

"I suppose I do get a bit fired up at times." The three of them shared a laugh at that, and Deanna smiled at the two Professors. They and Hagrid were the only ones she could talk to about her fight with Dumbledore. Not even her friends or Hermione knew about what happened between her and her father. She was just pleased to have friends like the three Professors by her side.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Deanna dear!"

"Oh, Professor!" Deanna smiled at the old man who was catching his breath from chasing after the Hufflepuff. She patted Slughorn on the back. "You good, Professor?"

"Yes, dear." Slughorn finally stopped panting and grinned at the young girl. "I just wanted to remind you about the party this Friday. You can bring a date as you know, and I'll be expecting you. You haven't attended the last dinners."

"Sorry, Professor. I've just been busy with Quidditch, and everything." Deanna grinned at him sheepishly. "I'll be there, don't worry. With a date."

"Ah yes. A great game you had, beating the two teams. Straight to the finals, you are," said Slughorn proudly. "You better win the Quidditch cup then."

"We'll try, Professor, thank you." Deanna had to stifle her laughter at how excited he was, but she too was as proud as he was. They beat Slytherin easily, and they only have Gryffindor to beat to get to the finals.

"All right then, see you there." Slughorn patted her on the back before going back on his way to the staff room.

Deanna shook her head in amusement and continued on her way to the kitchens when someone slung an arm around her shoulders. She was about to move away when she saw that it was only Pansy and she relaxed.