lii. captain wolf

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Damn it." Deanna cursed while running into an alley where some guards run past after a few moments. Unfortunately, there were charms around Nurmengard Castle and they couldn't Apparate right into Austria so what they did was first Apparate to France and take a boat from there. However, there were some guards around so Deanna couldn't have a peaceful journey especially since she couldn't use magic too, and it had been over a month already, but Deanna still couldn't meet Grindelwald.

"We're at the coast already, and we just have to take the boat." Deanna slid down the wall and held her head in her hands. What was she supposed to do now?

"Hey, kid." Someone suddenly said with a French accent, making Deanna look around frantically and her eyes widened when she saw a young, tall and handsome man entering the alley. He smiled at Deanna who was looking at him with suspicion. "You said you needed a boat, right? I'm Captain Wolf, and I do steer a boat well."

Deanna stared at Fawkes while stealing glances at the guy suspiciously. "Wait, how did you find me?"

"I saw you running from the guards, nasty they are." Captain Wolf clicked his tongue in annoyance. "They've been chasing after me too before, it's best not to get caught by them."

"Why are you helping me?" said Deanna, now more in confusion rather than suspicion. "I'm just a girl who's been running around France just to get to the coasts. You should be surrendering me to the guards."

Captain Wolf looked at her for a moment and Deanna saw a sudden flicker of pain in his eyes that he quickly masked. "I... I guess I see myself in you. You don't have parents, do you?"

"No." Deanna looked down, her heart clenching at the sudden memory of her father falling slowly. "My mum died when I was born and my father died a few months ago."

"I'm sorry." Captain Wolf simply said, blinking his eyes repeatedly. "I lost my maman and papa when I was your age, and ever since, the guards have been chasing me." He cleared his throat and smiled at Fawkes who was looking at Deanna only with worry in his eyes. "Your bird... he looks beautiful."

"He is." Deanna answered softly. She stroked Fawkes' feathers before nodding at Captain Wolf. "Thank you for the offer, we'll accept it if it's fine."

"I'm glad you said yes." Captain Wolf grinned at her before picking up the bag on the floor. "So where are you off to, Miss?"

"Deanna. Please, call me Deanna." Deanna held her hand out for a handshake.

"Alright, Deanna. Where are we off to?" Captain Wolf asked her while they started on the way to his boat, Deanna was looking around for the guards while Fawkes stayed hidden in her cloak.