xliii. attack of the mark

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Shivering, Deanna and Harry heaved Dumbledore onto the top of the boulder and looked at each other.

"I'll Apparate us, Harry," said Deanna, holding her father's arm tight in one hand and Harry's in her other. "Hold on tight." At Harry's nod, Deanna closed her eyes and Apparated. Soon, the sea breeze had gone and she opened her eyes to find themselves in Hogsmeade.

Suddenly, Deanna could see Inferi coming towards them from the alleys, but she quickly blinked, letting out a little shiver. There was nothing, only streetlamps and empty streets.

"We did it, Deanna, Professor!" Harry whispered. "We did it! We got the Horcrux!"

Deanna smiled at him despite the sudden pain she felt in her head. "We did it, you did well, Harry. And – Pops?" She and Harry quickly supported Dumbledore who staggered, his face growing paler.

"Pops, are you all right?" asked Deanna worriedly.

"I've been better," said Dumbledore weakly, though the corners of his mouth twitched. "That potion... was no health drink..." He sank to the ground and Deanna knelt down beside him.

"It's not like Voldemort's inviting us to drink wine, Pops." Deanna mumbled under her breath, making Dumbledore chuckle weakly. She pushed back his hair. "You're going to be all right, Pops."

Harry started looking around, but the streets were completely empty. "We need to get you up to the school, sir... Madam Pomfrey..."

"No," said Dumbledore. "It is... Professor Snape whom I need... But I do not think... I can walk very far just yet..."

"Right — sir, listen — I'm going to knock on a door, find a place you can stay — then I can run and get Madam —"

"Severus," said Dumbledore clearly. "I need Severus..."

"All right then, Snape — but I'm going to have to leave you for a moment so I can —" Harry made to move, but someone had come up from behind him.

"Madam Rosmerta!" said Deanna hurriedly.

Madam Rosmerta ran towards them. "I saw you Apparate as I was pulling my bedroom curtains! Thank goodness, thank goodness, I couldn't think what to — but what's wrong with Albus?" She stared at Dumbledore with wide eyes.

"He's hurt," said Harry. "Madam Rosmerta, can he and Deanna come into the Three Broomsticks while I go up to the school and get help for him?"