lv. onto the next journey

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

It was the night of Christmas Eve, and the snow was falling down beautifully, making Deanna shake her head at the thought of travelling in this weather. She had a small smile at her face, remembering the Christmas she spent in Hogwarts or the Christmas of last year when she and Hermione finally got together.

She spent the entire month, practicing her spells and preparing for what they needed to do with the Horcruxes. Luckily, she did not have any visions with Voldemort who seemed like he was intent on hiding his plans from Deanna. And of course, it was hard for her to separate with Grindelwald and Christian after the bond they made but it was necessary. And it hurt more because she knew she would never see them again.

Before she would start her journey again and look for the other Horcruxes, Deanna wanted to visit her mother's grave at the back of the castle and the graves of her friends and families in Godric's Hollow. She didn't have Polyjuice Potion or anything, but the fact that she could use magic freely made her feel a little more confident.

Deanna stroked Fawkes's fully grown feathers and kissed the top of his head. "Are you ready to go?"

At Fawkes's weak cry, Deanna chuckled and nodded. "Me too. I feel sad too. They're too kind to us and I won't meet them again after this. Fawkesy?"

Fawkes stared into her blue eyes and tilted his head, making Deanna smile before she continued. "You know that I'm going to die, right?" He didn't answer and simply stared at Deanna, making the Hufflepuff sigh. "Fawkesy, after I die, can I ask you to promise me something?"

After a few moments of staring at each other, Fawkes finally nodded, making Deanna smile wider. "Promise me that you'll look out for my family and friends once in a while. Please check if they're living happily, and if they're eating well and taking care of themselves. Can you promise that?"

Deanna's heart broke at how a tear escaped Fawkes's eyes as he nodded, sealing a promise between the two phoenixes. Deanna chuckled shakily and pressed her forehead to his, a tear falling out of her eye. "Thank you, Fawkesy. A phoenix may burn, but they'll rise again from the ashes. I will still be in your memories and in your hearts even after death."

Fawkes gave another cry and flew to Deanna's shoulder, making Deanna smile and stand up. She picked up her bag and wore her father's old cloak, looking down to make sure her purple socks were fine. Deanna tapped the phoenix pendant on her necklace before looking around the room that became home to her for the past months. She sent one last smile before leaving the room. To the next journey, indeed.

Deanna went up the stairs and opened the door to the topmost cell, smiling at Grindelwald and Christian who had tears in their eyes. "Oh, you two." She hugged Christian first, smiling softly. "Thank you for making sure I always felt at home."