lvii. the deathly hallows

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

As expected, Hermione's anger did not abate overnight, and the next morning, she communicated by dirty looks and pointed silences towards Ron and sometimes, Harry. Ron was unnaturally somber to show his remorse, and when the four of them were together, Deanna and Harry could only exchange glances because of the tense atmosphere.

But when Deanna and Ron had some time alone together as they looked for food and water, Ron was very cheerful especially since they broke one Horcrux and Deanna was now with them. The two of them exchanged stories about each of their journeys and Ron told her about the Taboo, making Deanna thankful she never said his name in the past months. Deanna was laughing with him all the time, feeling more optimistic than ever.

"Hey, I'm really glad you came back, Ron." Deanna suddenly said on their way back. The words surprised Ron, but they definitely warmed his heart, making him smile softly at her.

"I'm glad you're here with us, Deanna." Ron bumped her on the shoulder gently. "How have you been with... You-Know-Who?"

"It's been a long time since my last vision with him." Deanna let out a sigh. "I don't know what he's planning, but it must be something big for him to hide it from me. Oh, we're here."

The two of them immediately went to Harry who looked the happiest he had been in days. Deanna left the two boys alone and went inside the tent to see Hermione reading a book at the table, her eyebrows furrowed. Deanna's eyes softened and she went behind Hermione who was trying not to smile as she anticipated what Deanna was going to do.

"What are you reading?" Deanna said softly, wrapping her arms around Hermione from behind. Now, Hermione really couldn't hold in her smile. She turned around to place a kiss on Deanna's cheek when...

"NO!" Ron suddenly said, surprising both Deanna and Hermione and causing Harry to jump. "Sorry..." Hermione sent him a scowl and Deanna could only chuckle at Hermione's annoyed expression.

"Let it go, darling." Deanna kissed the top of Hermione's head, being taller than her for the first time. "He did destroy one of the Horcruxes and he came back. Ron's still our friend."

Hermione's eyes softened at that and she let out a sigh. "I'll think about it, but for now, come on." She snapped the book shut and Deanna couldn't help frowning when she saw she was reading Rita Skeeter's book about Dumbledore. Hermione noticed her change in expression and held Deanna's hand. "I know it's twisted, love, you don't have to worry. I know you and your father."

Deanna smiled softly at Hermione and nodded. Hermione smiled back at her and the two of them went out of the tent where Ron was trying to fiddle with the radio but he stopped immediately upon seeing Hermione. "If it's annoying you, I'll stop!"