l. love lingers

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Deanna opened her eyes and came face to face with Hermione's sleeping face. They shared a bed since Deanna arrived, courtesy of Ginny, but it was the first time she slept, facing Hermione. Deanna noticed that Hermione was holding her hand and she smiled softly, really missing being with her.

She traced Hermione's face with her eyes, wanting to engrave the memory in her mind and heart. Now that she knew where she should go, she decided to leave and start her journey, not wanting to endanger them any more since her visions with Voldemort were growing more frequent. It was what her father would want.

Though she hated to do so, Deanna slowly removed her hand from Hermione's and stood up as quietly as she could. She looked around and saw that Ginny was still fast asleep. Deanna picked up her bag and checked the necklace. She looked at Hermione who was sleeping in bed for one last time and whispered. "I felt the same. I still do."

With one last look at her, Deanna went out of the room with her bag. She checked her bag for her wand and sighed in relief when she saw it. She quickly put it in her wand holster, smiling at the memory of Alastor Moody giving it to her. Deanna was relieved when there was nobody downstairs and she continued on walking.

Clenching the necklace in her hand, Deanna hurried to the yard and whispered. "Faw –"

"Going somewhere?"

Deanna jumped in surprise at the sudden voice. She turned around right away and saw Ron there, frowning at her. "Ron, I..." She realized nothing would convince Ron at this moment and took a deep breath before speaking. "You can't tell anyone about this, promise me."

"Alright." Ron nodded but he looked at Deanna in confusion when the Hufflepuff stuck out her pinky finger. She laughed at his expression before linking their pinky fingers and raising her right hand. Ron stared at her for a moment before he did the same.

"Now, I can trust you." Deanna smiled at him. "Actually... I've been seeing Vol–," she saw how Ron flinched and quickly changed the name, "Riddle in my dreams."

"What? Can he see you too?" Ron asked with a bit of terror in his eyes.

"Sometimes." Deanna looked down. "And these encounters with him are getting more frequent." She looked back at Ron with pleading in her eyes. "So, please, Ron. Let me go just this once. Just don't say a word about this to anyone and pretend you never saw me."

Ron couldn't help chuckling at her request. "Did you know? You're smart most of the time but you can also be extremely thick."