lxi. the risky robbery

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Everything was now set, all preparations complete. The only thing left to do was to set the plan in action. At first, Deanna was against the thought of Hermione taking the Polyjuice Potion to pose as Bellatrix. She even told them that she would do it instead, but everyone disagreed immediately. It was dangerous for Hermione to do it, but it was more dangerous for Deanna. After the Muggleborn convinced her with reassuring words and soft kisses on the forehead and the cheeks, she finally relented. She still didn't like it though, but at least, Ron was going to pretend to be a foreign wizard with Hermione.

As they didn't want to trouble the other guests of the Shell Cottage anymore, they had already bid their goodbyes the previous night, and Ron had taken his sweet time with Eleanor, knowing that it might take a long time again before they could finally have another moment like this. They had already inconvenienced Bill and Fleur so much by staying for more than a month. It was time for them to finally go and do what they needed to do.

Deanna was patiently waiting inside their room with Griphook while Hermione was taking the Polyjuice Potion and was changing into the robes she got from 12 Grimmauld Place. It was a miracle she even saved that bag from the Snatchers.

The Hufflepuff was feeling a little awkward since it was the first time she was left alone with the Goblin who was only looking out for the sword of Gryffindor that was in Hermione's bag. They had all been wary of him since he wouldn't leave them alone during discussions and he would always keep his eye on the sword of Gryffindor.

They also contemplated about when they should give it to him since it was important in destroying the Horcruxes and they didn't know if he would betray them. After all, they may have had a deal, but there was no saying what could happen. Deanna, despite her anxiety and fears, just decided to try her best to calm down and just do what they were supposed to do.

"You are an odd wizard, Deanna Dumbledore." Griphook suddenly spoke up, making Deanna's eyes widen. "You are famous amongst goblins for the uncanniness of your story. You even protected me, a goblin, from the chandelier back then. Very odd. However odd, what must be done will be done."

"Oh. Thank you? And yes, I agree?" Deanna said in an unsure tone, not really understanding what he was trying to say. The goblin only stared at her with an unreadable expression before he went silent again, an awkward atmosphere settling between them. It was like he was saying something to her in that moment, but he did not say

The door suddenly opened then and revealed Hermione, now Bellatrix, with a frown on her face. "Hey, Deanna?"

Deanna's eyes widened once she saw her and heard her voice. Of course, she knew it was Hermione, but she still had the need to repress a shiver.