prologue

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Robe me..."

Deanna's eyes opened, and she looked around to see that she was tied up and that she was in a small space. It was all dark. It was like she was in a tomb. Deanna opened her mouth and tried to shout anything, but her mouth was to dry for her to say something, and all she could muster was a hoarse whisper. "Help. Help me."

There was a loud commotion from outside the tomb Deanna was in. She started moving around, trying to do anything, but the ropes were too tight for her, so she stayed still and listened in.

"Avada Kedavra!"

"Expelliarmus!"

Even if it was dark inside the tomb, Deanna could see flashes of red and green light, and after a few moments, there were specks of gold, and the golden light grew more and more. Deanna could feel warmth flowing through her body, and then she heard it. The song of a phoenix.

"NOW!" Someone yelled, and the light disappeared and the song vanished, it was dark again.

"Stun him!" The cold voice yelled.

"Stupefy!" Many voices shouted at the same time.

"Stand aside! I will kill him, he is mine!" The cold voice yelled again.

"Accio cup!" It came from the voice that had shouted the Disarming Spell, and Deanna heard the cold voice scream in rage and there were beams of red light and screams of pain filled the air. Deanna closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down. It couldn't be. It couldn't be the Cruciatus Curse. Who would be so horrid to use it? Then, again he also used the Killing Curse a few moments ago.

And the screams stopped and the cold voice spoke in a calm but furious tone. "Never mind. We will find another chance to kill the boy. But now, my friends, I must welcome back the reason for everything, the reason this all started."

Deanna saw the cover of her tomb sliding open and closed her eyes, feigning sleep. The ropes binding her loosened. She felt cold fingers caress her cheek softly and it took everything in her to keep her breath steady. She felt arms wrap around her back and her knees, and she was lifted up in the air.

"I welcome back Deanna Ariana Dumbledore, the one who I love, and the reason this had all started in the first place."

Despite feeling as if she wanted to shout out and curse the man, she knew she couldn't and stayed as still as she could be. She knew him. It was Tom Marvolo Riddle, the man she loved with everything she was, and even if she wasn't moving, Deanna felt every inch of her body screaming, wanting to run away as far as possible. Tom never had that voice. When Tom spoke, it was in a soft and warm voice that was only reserved for her, and this voice didn't belong to Tom.

'This isn't Tom.' Deanna thought repeatedly. 'This isn't my Tom. This is someone else.' But no matter how many times she repeated it in her mind, it just made the terrible reality settle into Deanna's heart.

"Take care of her, Avery, Nott," said the voice in an unnaturally soft tone. "Do not Apparate and use the Floo Network instead. She does not like being Apparated when she's asleep." Deanna felt tears come behind her eyes. Only Tom and her father knew that. No one else.

"Bring her to the Malfoy Manor, and make sure that she is treated properly."

"Yes, Master," The people named Avery and Nott said in unison. Deanna kept herself still as she felt herself being passed on to a different pair of arms, strong but cold. Deanna hated the cold.

"I will be waiting," said the voice, and Deanna felt the cold fingers caress her cheek once more before there was a loud snap, followed by many others.

Deanna felt herself being moved slightly before a man let out a sigh. "Never thought the Dark Lord would love someone, and a Dumbledore at that."

"Be quiet, Nott," a man hissed near Deanna and she deduced that it was the man who was carrying her. "We do not question the Dark Lord."

"Right, sorry," the man named Nott mumbled. "So, what should we do now?"

While they were chatting about the plans of the Dark Lord, whoever he was, Deanna opened her eye and found that the two men were two focused on each other to notice she was awake, and Deanna saw a wand sticking out of the pocket of the man she thought who was Avery.

"What do you mean?" snarled Nott.

"I-" Deanna took her opportunity, she quickly grabbed the wand and pointed it at them. "Stupefy!"

Without a second to react, the two Death Eaters flew away, Stunned, and Deanna ranaway. She didn't know where she was going, but she knew. She just had to run.

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•