xxvii. ogden and the gaunts

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"I don't know how he can trust that book when it could probably be Dark magic!" Hermione exclaimed frustratedly to Deanna when they were in the library. Deanna was trying to read Beauty and the Beast while Hermione was doing her homework. Hermione was extremely frustrated that Harry was outdoing her in Potions. She didn't mind that Deanna had been doing the same since she knew that Deanna was a genius in Potions. Not because she was completely in love with the girl.

"Well, it was an old book. It could have been a student's. I hope it's not that dangerous though." Deanna supplied though a frown made its way onto her face.

At first, she thought that it could have been Tom's book since it was old and it had the same instructions that he would tell Deanna, but she read the handwriting. Tom wrote neatly and his handwriting was not even close to that of the Half-Blood Prince's. She thought then that it may have been one of his Death Eaters, but she just hoped not.

"Anyways, Hermione..." Deanna started in a small voice. "Would you like something soft or something shiny?"

Hermione's eyebrows furrowed in confusion at that. "What?"

"I-I mean..." Deanna stuttered, not knowing how to ask her what she wanted without literally asking her that. She wanted to keep it as a surprise, and she wanted to make it special as well. "1 or 2?"

"1?" Hermione answered unsurely. She didn't understand what Deanna was trying to ask, but her doubts were somehow taken away when Deanna grinned widely at her like an excited puppy.

"Aren't you going to do your homework?" Hermione asked when she noticed that Deanna had only the book of Beauty and the Beast out and no parchment and ink with her.

"I'll just do it later. I want to give you all my attention." The words came out of Deanna's mouth before she could stop herself from saying that. She and Hermione looked at each other with wide eyes, both of their faces darkening.

"I-I mean, I want to give this book all my attention." Deanna hastily made up an excuse, and she kept her eyes on the book, giving her mouth a smack for what she had just said. On the other hand, Hermione had her eyes on the Hufflepuff. She felt a little disappointed that Deanna had changed what she said.

Deanna suddenly stood up and she took a deep breath before meeting Hermione's eyes. "I-I loved Beauty and the Beast when I was a kid. I love it more even now because you remind me of Belle. G-Good night." She quickly ran away from the library, leaving a flustered Hermione staring after her.

"W-What?" Hermione whispered while staring at the doorway where Deanna had just ran through. Then, a smile spread on her face and she picked up the book that Deanna had left behind. Did that mean she was a princess in Deanna's eyes? She felt thankful there were not that much people in the library because she honestly looked like an idiot by the way she was smiling and looking at the book and fixing her hair.