xlvii. 7 potters and a dumbledore

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Uncle Ab, Aunt Ari." Deanna said in surprise when she opened the door. "Come in."

"No, it's fine. We won't be too long, love." Ariana said in her portrait that Aberforth was holding. "How have you been?"

"I've been well. How about you two?" Deanna asked with a small smile, feeling happy to see them before she would leave.

"We've been well, little Ari." Aberforth stroked her hair. "Are you ready for your journey?"

"I am now, Uncle Ab." Deanna hugged him and Ariana, smiling genuinely. She let out a sigh of contentment. "Thank you for coming to see me."

"We love you, Dee." Ariana said through the building tears in her eyes. "We love you so much."

"I love you both too." Deanna cleared her throat and blinked back her tears. They never knew if they could meet each other again after this, and just the thought of this being the last time they'd see each other pained Deanna so much. She pulled away and smiled at them once more. "Take care, Uncle Ab. Aunt Ari."

"Take care, love." Aberforth kissed her on the forehead and smiled at Fawkes who let out a cry in greeting. Aberforth and Ariana smiled at Deanna one more time before they left the house and closed the door. Deanna stared at the door for a few moments, wiping away the tears in her eyes. This was not goodbye, she convinced herself. It was just see you again.

Deanna stood up and checked her bag if everything was ready. She left her stuff in Hogwarts in the closet and only brought a few clothes, her father's traveling cloak, her purple socks with cookies and milk on them, the phoenix necklace she got from Hermione, some of her father's books and a photo album with her pictures with others. Her wand was tucked into her pocket (Moody would be furious if he found out).

Moody sent a letter that the Order would be picking Deanna up in order to keep her safe. At first, she declined, but when she heard her father told Moody to do it, she did not have any choice but to agree.

Deanna hesitantly turned the phoenix necklace over in her hands before she finally decided to wear it, hiding it under her shirt. She may not admit it to anyone else, not even her uncle and aunt, but she was in love with Hermione Granger and that necklace was the only thing she had left of her.

A knock on the door snapped Deanna back to reality, and she gave her room one last look before she went down with her bag. Fawkes was there, waiting for her with a tilted head. Deanna stroked his feathers before she opened the door.