liv. fate now known

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Good evening, Mister Grindelwald." Deanna came in with a small smile on her face, surprising Grindelwald. It was true that she kept her word that she would be fine the next day... maybe, not really fine but she did not want to keep thinking about it.

"Good evening, Deanna." Grindelwald smiled back at her though he was still trying to figure out what was she thinking of. "How are you feeling? I'm really sorry about the unpleasant surprise yesterday, but I thought you deserved to know..."

"I really appreciate it, Sir." Deanna smiled, sincerely this time. She thought everything over the previous night as she couldn't sleep due to her endless thoughts. Honestly, it was not the thought of dying that made her feel sad. It was the thought of leaving everyone behind, of breaking her promise to Hermione.

She would choose to die anytime if it meant saving the world, but it was just tragic. Why did she only have a few months with Hermione? Why couldn't she have more? But Deanna didn't blame the deities above for she knew it was nobody's fault. It just happened that way.

"I wanted to apologize." Grindelwald suddenly said, breaking Deanna out of her thoughts. She nodded at him to continue. "I know you don't fully trust me yet and I understand that. I disrespected Aberforth and killed Ariana. I also killed your mother, my friend, and made your father's life an empty shell."

Grabbing Deanna's hand, blue eyes met blue eyes, and Grindelwald spoke with only sincerity. "I really regret everything now, Deanna. And seeing you, I feel so shameless for speaking like this. Like I have done nothing wrong when we both know my choices destroyed your family. Please, do not forgive me. Let me repent for what I've done."

Both of them were crying now. Grindelwald for all the bad choices he made when he was young and what these choices have done to Deanna and her family and Deanna for the weight the former Dark Wizard had been carrying and the pain he had in his eyes as he apologized.

Deanna knelt down in front of him and wrapped her arms around him slowly, no hesitation anymore. She patted his back and spoke the truth, her words hitting straight to Grindelwald's heart. "I've already forgiven you the moment I saw you still loved Pops. That was enough for me to know that you've changed so please, Sir Grindelwald. Forgive yourself as well and move on."

Grindelwald cried even harder at her words. She was too kind. After everything he had done, she still forgave him so why did the gods above choose her to be the heir of the phoenixes? Why did it have to be her? Couldn't it be him instead? He was the one who deserved to die, not Deanna Dumbledore.