xxxiv. sacred blood

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

A man with a black traveling cloak wrapped around him took a deep breath before knocking on the door before him.

"Come in." A cold voice spoke from inside, and Severus Snape pushed the door open to be met with the sight of Lord Voldemort himself. He bowed immediately to the Dark Lord who nodded at him. "Ah, Severus. Yes, you've arrived earlier than expected."

"Yes, My Lord." Snape answered politely. "What is it that you request my assistance with?"

"It's Deanna." Voldemort sighed and patted Nagini's head mindlessly. "I've been seeing her again."

"How many times has it been?" Snape immediately cleared his head of all thoughts when his own dark eyes locked with Voldemort's red ones. He did hear of it from Dumbledore who was also having his own problems. He knew he couldn't risk any chance of letting Voldemort into his mind.

"Three." Voldemort finally looked away, making Snape relax a little. He directed his attention towards Nagini and gave another sigh. "We've seen each other three times already, but this is different. The previous year, it was them seeing me. And now, we're seeing each other. Why is that?"

"Perhaps, it's because you two have not yet closed yourselves off to each other." Snape's explanation made Voldemort look at him with slight confusion. Anyone would think Voldemort could not feel anything other than hatred, but there was only one person who could make him feel everything all at once.

"You can't use Legilimency on a person who had closed their mind off." Snape continued explaining. "You care for her, My Lord, and it seems she does so too."

Voldemort lifted his head up and a small smile made its way onto his face. "Is that so? Very well then, thank you, Severus. You may go now, and we'll have a meeting tomorrow."

Snape gave a deep bow and left the room with a flourish of his robe. As soon as the door closed, Voldemort started speaking to Nagini in Parseltongue. "Just a little longer, Nagini. Just a little longer, and we'll have her back with us."

And he suddenly remembered Deanna asking herself is she had feelings for someone. He immediately clenched his fist at the thought of his love being with someone else, and Voldemort never knew he could ever feel this emotion. This unfamiliar emotion that made him feel as if someone had taken his heart and crushed it into pieces.

But even if Deanna was in love with someone else, Voldemort would never give up on her. The fact that Deanna still cared for him was enough for him to hold on. He loved Deanna, and he would do everything if it meant having her.