xxvi. potions masters

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"So that's why you were bloody when you came in." Deanna nodded in understanding after Harry told her the story on their way to class. She was in a better mood this day because she didn't have an encounter with Voldemort the previous night. "Someone was worried about you."

"Who?" Harry tried asking in an uninterested manner though the blush on his cheeks said otherwise.

"You know who..." Deanna said teasingly. "Starts with an N and ends with an Oah."

"Shut up." Harry gave her a light shove though his cheeks became a shade darker.

"Anyways, about Draco Malfoy. I'll keep my eye on him."

"Really? You believe me?" Harry asked with surprise. He didn't expect Deanna to believe him since both Ron and Hermione had dismissed his claims.

"Of course." Deanna patted his shoulder. "Don't worry. We'll find out that mission. Whatever it is."

"Thanks, Dee." Harry squeezed her hand in gratitude and the two of them went on their separate ways. Deanna to Care of Magical Creatures (since she already had her consultation with Pomona) and Harry back to the Gryffindor common room. 

As she made her way to Care of Magical Creatures, Deanna felt disgusted that Voldemort would even ask a student to do something horrible despite not knowing what that horrible thing was. She just knew that it was something bad, and hopefully, they could pull the young Slytherin out of the darkness before he surrendered to it.

"Hello, Rubeus." Deanna frowned when she saw that only she was there for the class. "Where are the others?"

"Yer the only one who continued for this year, Dee." The tone of Hagrid's voice was so heart-wrenching that it made Deanna pull the half-giant into a hug. She wondered why no one else signed up for this class when it was one of the most interesting ones, but she knew it was also because most students were focusing on their respective careers. She only took this class because she wanted to spend more time with her friend.

"Oh, it'll be alright, Ruby. We can have lots of fun just like the old days, yeah?" Deanna smiled widely once she saw a smile spread on her old friend's face. "Now, come on. Show me the whole lot of magical creatures we've got today."

"Come on." Hagrid lifted her up on his shoulders, making Deanna squeal and chuckle at the sudden action, but despite that, she was just happy she put a smile on her friend's face. Hagrid deserved only happiness and Deanna would give him just that.